Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Classes at Michael's? Anyone else annoyed?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Classes at Michael's? Anyone else annoyed?

Post by LoriSamson on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:24 am

I just had an experience with the green. Would not come off my fingers! 2 days later and I still have green fingers. I am taking it back tomorrow (had a gig tonight) and show them how long it has stained my fingers! I cringe at the thought of having used it and then seeing one of these poor kids in town the next day! That mom would surely chase me down with a Marks A Lot and write stupid all over my face!

The day I bought the paint, Michaels had an employee doing a demo on glitter tattoos at a table outside the store. Oh well....
LoriSamson

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-01-04

http://www.faceartcreations.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:15 am

This past October I did PPF at a street fair. I was invited by the coordinator who saw my FB page and contacted ME. The hairdresser on that street was annoyed because they usually do cheek art outside their salon. Apparently, they had upset the coordinator's daughter last year with their poor customer service and that's why I was invited. Didn't know all that until after I paid for my table, but I digress... Apparently, they decided rather then compete with my FP they would do temporary hair streaking (the wash out spray can stuff) and glitter tats, but I found this the hard way. They TOLD the parents they would wash off with soap and water and were putting the tats on kids faces not telling parents the correct way to remove them! A little girl saw my full faces and asked her dad if she could have me paint her face. I thought they had just put glitter over FP so I tried to gently clean the glitter off with a baby wipe (does that tell you how well the tat was applied?!?) When nothing came off after the first 2 gentle swipes, I realized what was going on and told the dad what she REALLY had on her face and that I could remove it with an alcohol swab if he was comfortable with that. I removed the tat and painted her face beautifully and got a nice tip, but I was livid at the failure to tell the parents what they were really applying! I told the coordinator what happened. Sigh. All they had to do was READ the packaging and communicate that info to parents! So, nope, I'm not worried about the glitter tattoos either because there is more to this business then slap it on some kids face and get paid a couple bucks for it!

Last edited by Becky521 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed iPhone's dreadful autocorrect!)
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 am

I'm thinking that, yes, some people may buy the Michael's stuff and do them themselves at their party. But that person was already in Michael's with the idea of saving money by doing something themselves. So it's not really competition. The same with a person buying face paint at Michael's (and hopefully, the Snazaroo). Some people HAVE to save money and that's okay. I think there is a WORLD of people out there and more than enough of them would be willing to pay for the glitter tattoos and face paint at parties. I did have one mom at a fair this weekend say "We have the glitter kit at home," and not have her child receive one. I also had a line of kids whose parents paid for glitter tattoos, and many had never heard of them. So I'm not really worried about Michael's.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:53 am

If someone wants to spend $35 on a tiny Snaz kit (yes, that's how much they cost at Michael's)... rather than paying $60 for beautiful, professional face painting with a huge assortment of colours, design options, glitters, gems.... then that's their choice!
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:58 am

And some people will do just that. But we get the best customers (and bookings from their parties) with people who do understand and appreciate the value of the beautiful designs. So that's why the Michael's thing is not too worrisome.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriSamson on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:50 am

Becky your avatar(if that's you in the pic) is really pretty. I tried that same design on myself and it just didn't... no.. I just didn't look as cute as yours! Arggg. I hate myself in paint. I have to wear glasses now or I'd have to have a paint brush with a 3 foot length handle to be able to see properly! Sometimes I paint up my arms when I'm working but usually I just go without. I'm jealous of you younger girls who pull it off so beautifully.
LoriSamson

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-01-04

http://www.faceartcreations.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum