Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Which glitter tattoo stencils to use and what company to buy from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which glitter tattoo stencils to use and what company to buy from?

Post by bunchwife on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:26 pm

So I am new to glitter tattoos. I'm going to be incorporating them with my face painting booth. I am TOTALLY overwhelmed with all the different web sites and tattoo kits and glues and puff bottles vs jars of glitter and 2 layer vs 3 layer vs simple stencils. I can't even decide which kit to start with to see if I'm even going to like doing them and are they worth the investment?

Thanks to anyone who has an opinion.

Smile

bunchwife

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Which glitter tattoo stencils to use and what company to buy from?

Post by joe_wibble on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:01 am

I am still new myself, but I use Faketoo stencils - although the less 'island' bits the better (pulling them off is a skill i still haven't quicte masted yet) and I got my pros-aide glue from TAG and am still finding a good place to re-stock my glitters since i am in australia.

The shop on here has some awesome supplies especially if you are from the US i especially like the look of the silocone spatula brush things Smile

i use jars of glitter as opposed to pouring i find i tend to spill it more if i try and pour it and it always seems like i am using more product.

joe_wibble

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:07 am

Hi bunchwife. Welcome. The faketoo stencils work really well, and so do the ones from Glimmer. And yes - the more complicated stencils with "floater" bits in them can be frustrating, especially when there are big lines. SO I stick with a very nice (and big Surprised) assortment of the more straightforward ones. There's a whole section on the forum for glitter tattoos (near the bottom of the list of sections). You'll find a treasure of info by reading through those posts.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top