Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

60 Faces in 60 Minutes????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

60 Faces in 60 Minutes????

Post by Fun Frog on Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 am

Just got off the phone with a guy from Hoyts Cinema, conversation in brief:

He: Are you available to face paint on *** for 1 hour?
Me: Yes certainly, I charge $** for the first hour. What time would you like me to arrive and approx how many children will there be?
He: About 11am and there should be 60 children to paint.
Me: Shocked (picking myself of the floor) I'm afraid that would not be possible. I can paint about 12 to 15 per hour. You won't find any painter that can do 1 child per minute. You may have to get a team but even then you would need at least 4 doing 15 each in that hour. Of course you'd be paying four painters and I can't give you their costs.
He: Thanks for your advice.
I gave him my website and said to contact me if he wanted me for a longer time.

What is this guy thinking? I can imagine lining up 60 children and have them walk past a fully loaded sponge to get a swipe of rainbow on one cheek. Laughing
Fun Frog

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://www.funfrogfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 60 Faces in 60 Minutes????

Post by Coral3 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:37 am

Wow, he's living with the fairies!!
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 am

I have about 6 designs that I can do that fast but they certainly aren't anything impressive and they'd have to have someone there to get the kids to pick their design and colour before they even got to me... I'd have to be sitting with them standing in front of me to avoid the hopping in and out of the chair part. I would prefer to have 3 hours to paint that many, then I could do my regular designs, but there are a few of us on here that have managed that particular brand of impossible.
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Mon May 07, 2012 8:03 am

Perry, those are awesome ideas for how to "treat 'em and street 'em.". It's a shame when we are forced to rush like that. Takes a lot of the fun and magic out of it for everyone - everyone except the business owner who has photos of smiling kids with face paint to market themselves with!
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Mon May 07, 2012 11:17 am

I think I did about 60 kids or more per hour on Saturday with the baseball gig... but I really did "treat 'em and street 'em".... This is perhaps why I slept in so long today since I just got up!
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom on Mon May 07, 2012 2:05 pm

It is crazy. I deal with this all the time too. People just expect way too much. Professional means that we should be able to do as many kids as they can gather up in what every design they think of in as short a time frame as the client chooses, for a very little money (or "exposure" ) so someone else will hire us for the big bucks.

Telling people that is not how it works is the dumbfounding part for me. It is like I am saying something that they just don't buy into or that makes me look like a slacker! What? YOU can't do that? WHY not? The next painter I call will...sure.

Might as well get a roller. Ohhh...splater painting? Paint ball? Skirt guns!
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom on Mon May 07, 2012 2:07 pm

man, can you tell I took my head ache meds today? I can't spell worth a darn.
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Squirt guns, lol! Is that like airbrushing on a shoestring budget?
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone!

Post by FancyFacesbyLinda on Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Linda of Fancy Faces. I LOVE this forum and have been "hooked" on it for sometime, but just too chicken to actually make a comment and say "I'm here!" I admire all the face painters on here, and especially want to thank everyone that has contributed to this forum over time with such a wealth of information! It is....well, just "awesome"! Being a face painter for many years, branching out again, mostly within the last four years....I just love the humor on this place and wish this site had been around many years ago. It has been such a huge help to me!

I love the topic about how people who want to hire a professional face painter want
the job done as "quick, cheap, and the best quality possible"! Just not going to happen. Unless of course you plan on swiping paint on a face like using one of those paint "rollers" for walls or something! Hey, who knows....maybe that could become a
"new eeww" trend?!
lol!

Anyway, just wanted to finally say hello, and I'm glad I got the courage up to say
"Hey it's ME!" bounce

P.S. (Hope it did this right!)

[img][/img]
FancyFacesbyLinda

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-11

http://www.fancyfaceartbylinda.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook on Mon May 07, 2012 8:50 pm

FancyFaces wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm Linda of Fancy Faces. I LOVE this forum and have been "hooked" on it for sometime, but just too chicken to actually make a comment and say "I'm here!" I admire all the face painters on here, and especially want to thank everyone that has contributed to this forum over time with such a wealth of information! It is....well, just "awesome"! Being a face painter for many years, branching out again, mostly within the last four years....I just love the humor on this place and wish this site had been around many years ago. It has been such a huge help to me!

I love the topic about how people who want to hire a professional face painter want
the job done as "quick, cheap, and the best quality possible"! Just not going to happen. Unless of course you plan on swiping paint on a face like using one of those paint "rollers" for walls or something! Hey, who knows....maybe that could become a
"new eeww" trend?!
lol!

Anyway, just wanted to finally say hello, and I'm glad I got the courage up to say
"Hey it's ME!" bounce

P.S. (Hope it did this right!)

[img][/img]

Oh Wow! We have 2 things in common! I'm also a Linda & I'm originally from Amherst New York. I've lived in Tonawanda!!!! I went to Sweet Home High School in the 80's!!! Small world Very Happy
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by FancyFacesbyLinda on Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm

OMG! FIRST - "Linda" is a great name, so glad we share it!

I've lived in Tonawanda for about 21 years now....I grew up in North Buffalo, the area nearest the Albright Knox Art Gallery. Speaking of galleries....I've seen yours on your website, awesome stuff! Love it!

So you're in Florida now. Cool. (Wish I was!) HeHe. May has been just too chilly here for me. Please send some sunshine and warmth up NORTH!

Thanks for sharing. So glad I got myself on the forum! Sooo many nice and interesting people to finally meet here!
Very Happy
FancyFacesbyLinda

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-11

http://www.fancyfaceartbylinda.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz on Wed May 09, 2012 2:26 am

Well I think you can do 60 kids in a hour when you're booked for at least 2 hours,but just booking 1 hour gig with 60 kids, doesn't worth to bother or you can double your hour fee and get a helper.
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen on Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 am

Yeah, that's pretty nuts! I work in the design field and we always had a saying...among the three: fast, cheap, good...you can only pick two of those! I can bang out 40-50 kids max in an hour but that's only my quickest cheek art, assuming every kid is standing ready to go and knows what they want! Artyfacesbyluz, I like the suggestion of just doubling your fee...you don't even have to tell them you need to bring more artists, just tell them you charge $X-amount to do that many kids in an hour.
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top