Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Replenishing my kit...and other things.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Replenishing my kit...and other things.

Post by Britty on Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 am

How do I exercise enough restraint, and not buy the entire face paint forum shop? LOL I am actually having a lot of trouble, because I want to try new things, but I want to stay in my budget or else I won't be making any profit lol. There is so many things that I want to get this week including new banners, and t-shirts. Am I pushing it too fast? I have had a bunch of huge festivals these past couple weeks, and I have done great, but I have a ton more coming.

I have noticed a few things when I am working quickly (I painted over 130 faces on Sunday in 7 hours..rough math) When I am working faster I don't use my split cakes. except for maybe the neon rainbow, but other than that I am barely using a sponge...it's all mostly brush work. Have any of you done this? Sunday I was trying to force myself to use a sponge, and I felt like it was slowing me down, and made my work look sloppy. So, I feel like it might be a waste for me to get all of these splits that I'm really not going to use unless I am just playing around.

I have realized that I am expanding, and it happened so quickly that I think I am trying to play catch up. I am booked straight through the summer, and into the fall! Which is obviously a great thing I am not trying to complain, but how do you guys keep up? I mean I am exhausted by the time monday comes! LOL!
Britty

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2011-03-31

http://brittydesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Replenishing my kit...and other things.

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces on Wed May 09, 2012 11:13 am

I find I use MORE splits/rainbow cakes when I'm working fast... I haven't done a butterfly without a rainbow cake in at least a year. I have switched to using a 3/4" brush for the white and red in the Spiderman design, among others.

I'm also at the point of having to replenish my kit and I want to buy EVERYTHING! I'm going to buy some new splits, I think... the key is not going overboard.

I think it's totally fine to try a few new items with your purchase. Who knows, maybe they'll become your favourite! If not, there's always the swap shop. Smile

PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Britty on Wed May 09, 2012 11:19 am

I do the whole spiderman with brushes. I use a large round (I don't know the size) For the white eyes, and than a large flat for the red...if I have enough time I will use a very dry sponge with brown for the edges, and than line work...

I forgot about swap shop...I may have some things to put up!!
Britty

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2011-03-31

http://brittydesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top