Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

backgrounds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

backgrounds?

Post by Mita on Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 am

I was toying with a new idea. What if I would make a background, or even a couple and had them set up on the side of or next to or even in front of my setup. Kinda like a photo prop background, so kids could get their face painted pictures in front of a scene that might go with their faces. I was thinking like a garden flowery butterfly scene, and some kind of boy scene, not sure what for that one yet. Has anyone tried to do this? I was thinking of painting my own, but wonder if it would be easier and cost the same to just buy a scene picture. And then using the pvc piping setup to hold them up like others on here have used for their signage. Do you think it sounds like a good idea? Or too much trouble? I want to really stand out to the parents and for them to say Wow that is really cool. I wouldnt mind bringing it to birthday parties too if I could find an easy way to transport them. I'd love some input on this idea.
Mita

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: backgrounds?

Post by Kat's FacesForFun on Wed May 09, 2012 2:08 pm

It seems to me that face painting designs always seem to photograph best with a black backdrop. They look really nice and professional for your website and advertizing too. Very Happy I just bought some black fabric for my maternity belly shoots so that I can take a few pictures of mama after I finish. (It's a nice upsell). I think this would be a great idea for festivals, actually! It might be a nice place for YOU to take pictures too. (with the parent's permission of course). Black is nice and nuetral. I dunno. Just my thoughts!! Make sure it's out of the direct sunlight, and not backlit. (facing the sun, but in the shade). Might have to try this myself!
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Thu May 10, 2012 10:51 am

I think the background is a great idea. Can you get your contact info incorporated in it too? That way when mom is scrap-booking or showing off the cute pics, she will remember you and others might even contact you. Black would look great for photos but I could also see people being interested in the decorated background.
Kris5115

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 10, 2012 11:02 am

If you use a chair you can mount the "backdrop" right on the back of the chair, then YOU can take a photo always with it there.

If you want to set it up for parents to take photos... it should be away from your immediate space so as not to interfere with you carrying on painting.

And you might want to consider an additional cost to use the backdrops... it is an added expense and labour for each set-up.

Or offer it as a package price for parties. Could be a cool upsell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat's FacesForFun on Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Love the contact info idea!
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Thu May 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Mita - That is one awesome idea! And it's got me wanting to do it! THANK YOU! And here's an idea for you, which I hope you find both helpful and economical. For as long as forever, I've been fascinated with fabrics. I can't sew worth a stitch, but I love to go to the fabric store and I actually have a remnant collection! I use them for all sorts of different things, and I'm thinking, why not for what you're suggesting? Some fabrics have a jungle look, some are holiday-themed, etc. For prices ranging from dirt cheap to kind of pricey, you could get a whole collection of these, and then the parents could photograph the kids to go with the design.

And yes - I would definitely charge for this. It would be a service you've worked to set up and provide, along with all the other work it takes to bring the art out in public.

Thanks for your wonderful idea. Smile Joan

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rosecanino on Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 pm

A green screen fabric could be an option.
If you are computer savy you can edit the photos to have any type of background that you want... fairy garden, jungle, desert.... you name it.
rosecanino

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-06-09

http://www.rosecanino.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top