Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Contract signature

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contract signature

Post by shimmer20 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Do your require that the client sign the contract before you arrive at the party? How do you collect the signature. I plan on e-mailing the contract. Is there I way I can have them sign it electronically and email it back to me. I dont want to make them have to print and mail it and that could take too much time.

Thanks
shimmer20

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Contract signature

Post by Miss Ronnie on Mon May 21, 2012 12:55 pm

I just recently started using agreements. I print them with blank fields. I go over the fields on the phone with the customer and I fill them out, then mail it to them. When they return the signed agreement with their deposit then we have a contractual agreement and I will lock their time slot in for them.

It took me a couple of years to get to this point, but all at once my business went big last year and I can't run things smoothly without doing it this way from here on in.

You could include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you think that will save time. But, if they don't hurry to get it back to you then the slot could be gone. I tell them I will hold their time slot for 5 days after I mail the agreement. That's plenty of time for them to sign, include their deposit and pop it back in the mail to me.

Last edited by Miss Ronnie on Mon May 21, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell)
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 21, 2012 1:39 pm

I fill in my letter of agreement with all the information from them that I have collected, I insert my signature (a jpg I made), save as PDF, and email to them. If they don't have email I'll mail it but haven't had to do that for quite sometime.

They print and sign, then can scan and email back OR mail back, deposit must be received before I finalize the booking though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde on Mon May 21, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm with Shannon...except the personal signature...I'm going to have to do that!
My only concern is in signing it ahead of time and having the client change something on the form ... my signature would represent an acceptance of the new terms from a legal standpoint.

As it stands, I give the customers a choice, snail mail or email and if they choose email, they have to print it out. If they feel that the 10 seconds it takes to execute a print command is too cumbersome or time leaching...well, we're not a good fit because I always put more than just the few hours I'm painting into their event...they should at least be willing to print, sign and drop a document in the mail (or scan it and send it back).
The first year I did this, I did the SASE thing and wound up spending upwards of $115 in postage and envelopes with only about 70% of the contracts and postage paid envelopes coming back to me as confirmed bookings. That's about $40 wasted on people who were still price shopping but wanted to have contracts sent anyway ... just in case. I won't do that again!

I need the retainer and contract to confirm, but I will confirm with the retainer and get the signed contract before I start painting. When I got my driveway work done, I had to sign the agreement and mail it back and it didn't bother me, a bit...people will do what they have to do to get what they want...I wouldn't worry over much about the tedium.
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat on Mon May 21, 2012 3:06 pm

I created a PDF of my contract. I allow the client to sign it electronically and email it back, or ask them print it, fill it out, scan it, and email it back. Also, with the age of camera phones, I've received .jpg images of my contracts. As long as I can read it and see their signature- I'm good to go. If a gig is far enough away, they also have the option of mailing it, but I only hold a date for three days without contract AND payment - so they would need to get it in the mail immediately.
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

If they make changes to the printed document by hand (mine is a PDF that they can't edit) the changes have to be initialed by both parties to be legally accepted. So I'm not worried.

If they change things like dates and times, I will be contacting them as that was not the booking - these things are easily straightened out, or cancelled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum