Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

How do you deal with rude, cuthroat, lying competitors?

Go down

Post by theglitterfairy on Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 am

I do not offer face painting and only do glitter tattoos. However I have been working with a great face painting company in my area to collaborate on some ideas and work together at events.

However, there is another face painter who is extremely rude, constantly makes up lies about everything including advertising sponsors that don't really sponsor them, puts down any and all competitors to anyone who will listen and isn't just rude to competitors but also to customers and employees. Ive had so many customers tell me horror stories about this company and refuse to go back. Ive even heard customers say that their kids are scared of any thing close to face painters now because this painter was so rude to the kids!

I'm just frustrated with the lack of professionalism and greediness of this painter! Would you confront someone like this or just let them sink their own ship?

I had no idea that children's entertainment could be so cutthroat! I really enjoy doing the glitter tattoos to bring happiness to people and do as much free work as I can for local charities. I just cant believe the levels that some people will stoop to! Do any of you have to deal with the same thing? Shocked

theglitterfairy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you deal with rude, cuthroat, lying competitors?

Post by TheGildedCat on Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 am

I don't have to deal with the same thing, but I'm sorry you do. I would personally take the higher road and limit interaction with this person as much as is professionally possible. I'd remain civil, polite, even outwardly amiable so as not to rile them, and let them sink their own ship.
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theglitterfairy on Tue May 22, 2012 3:29 am

Thank you for your response! That is what I do. If I see them at another event, I always say hi and if one of my customers does say something negative about them, I always just say I am sorry to hear that, but I don't know them personally so I cannot offer an opinion about them. Its just so upsetting!

theglitterfairy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut on Tue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm

I agree with Julie.

I might (depending on the situation) take it one step further and say to the person complaining about this facepainter "I'm sorry you had this experience. If you feel really strongly about it, the only way for the organizer to know about it is to tell them."

And it's true. I'm not one to go out of my way to point out something negative about someone (everybody's on their own path after all), but in some situations if it's really, truly horrific - the organizers may have no clue this is happening (otherwise, how does she keep getting jobs?). The painter is making all of those organizers/companies look bad. They need to know.
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Tue May 22, 2012 8:16 pm

I agree, tell the dissapointed customer to speak to the facilitator or organizer so they can deal with it. If it was someone representing my company, I sure would appreciate knowing.
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kyt eubanks on Tue May 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Cream rises to the top... the saying goes and it's true. I vote for the highest road you can bear.

Living well is the best revenge. That's my motto. So paint well and carry on.
Kyt Eubanks
Amarillo, TX

kyt eubanks

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Uncle Guido? Or Vinnie the Knife?

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 am

LOL @ Shannon! I was thinking biker gang myself. Laughing
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down