Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

First children's gig; & have u ever signed confidentiality agreements?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First children's gig; & have u ever signed confidentiality agreements?

Post by colormyworld on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:39 pm

SO I had my first gig last Friday. It wasn't the best...they had first wanted me to work for free, I mean "exposure", but when I requested a material fee they offered $50. It was for one hour, at a kids club in the city, a very expensive one. The children were too young for the most part, the OLDEST there was 4 I think. Most just wanted something on their hand. One didn't want it, but his mom made him get something (ummm why?). I painted several boys as pink glittery butterflies...only one wanted Spiderman.I had one hour, so I was nervous and rushing and the designs weren't very good at all...I was so afraid they'd be really annoyed they even hired me instead of a "real" face painter, lol. BUt apparently they got good feedback and liked it because they want me to do a few more. AND they referred me to someone...which brings me to my question...have you ever been asked to sign confidentiality agreements?

I got a call today for a possible gig (which is I did not get but I'm gonna ask anyway because I am curious). The woman said the kids club referred her to me and she might want a face painter for Thurs...as in 2 days. I was free so I said yes. She asked if I did anything else I said glitter tattoos and I could put together some party games. I quoted $75/hour (which is actually low for NYC I think but I didn't want to go higher yet until I get more practice). Then she asked if I'd be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement bc it was for a high-profile celebrity's kid's party. I said yes, of course, and she said she'd call and let me know. But when she called, they had decided to change the theme of the party (?) and weren't gonna do the face painting. Interesting............................
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: First children's gig; & have u ever signed confidentiality agreements?

Post by Ashley Pickin on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:52 am

yea, that's interesting... Things like that don't really happen around here..

I did the painting for an episode of Sweet Sixteen(from MTV), when the girl had her party in our area... and I did a body painting for the record release party of N.E.R.D., which was in our area.. but other than that, you don't really get a lot of requests for high profile folks! I guess it's bound to happen in NYC though! maybe next time you'll get it Smile
Ashley Pickin

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2009-06-27

http://www.picnpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:52 am

I have signed them, but not as an entertainer. I wouldn't see any reason not to sign it, just seems kind of paranoid on their part. Don't bring a camera and don't publicly announce that you did that high profile party.
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:58 pm

I've heard of painters who "couldn't talk about" certain parties for very high profile families. (Like, paparazzi hounded families.) I can see where there would be a need for that. One particular family was often swarmed and followed everywhere, and I am sure they wanted to keep their location secret. That sort of thing never happens to me...
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by colormyworld on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Ashley, cool! Do you have a link to the episode? I'd be interested in checking that out! Oh and just so you know i LOVE the pirate design on your Facebook profile...very different, and really cool! Perry I've signed them for a few things too...I think I signed one for a gameshow I was on, as well as a talk show audience participant one, and I think also for one of the promos I did. But not as an entertainer...maybe bc I haven't really worked much as an entertainer yet but that's beside the point! Yeah I understand why they would want it if they are indeed "high-profile" (as a lot of pseudo-celebs think they are Wink ). I just found it kind of funny when she said that it would basically involve not speaking to anyone about what was said, done, or who was at the party. Funny enough the first thing I thought when she worded it like that, was some sort of...adult behaviors, a fetish party, drugs, or something like that...which made me nervous That's why I asked what it would be for, and she told me it was a celeb. I was like, whew! A bit relieved lol. Either way I didn't get it. It wouldve been helpful financially but it was short notice and I need more practice before I do something "high profile" I think, so maybe it was meant to be that i didn't get it. Today I did go over to the playground and painted a few kids. No money, as usual, but their moms asked for my card and said they might want me for a party next month. Here's hoping! Smile It's weird, I REALLY need money right now, but even painting for free makes me happy. If smiles were dollars...lol!
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosenberg-Cox on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:21 pm

For the record, you are a profssional painter. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are worth it.

As for the conf. aggreement: no problem if it only says you can not talk, advertise or take pictures. If it is something that says you can not paint/work for another competitor (or in my case a specific other family) no I do not sign those. Just read it. Check the fine print first.
Rosenberg-Cox

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-08-27

http://www.facepainting.coxmanor.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:18 am

Yes... I know a couple of painters who had to sign... the parties they painted at were for... ahem, a lovely actress and her singer husband on another continent... and for some sports guy's kids...

If they have security issues they'll want you to sign one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top