Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from Goodyear, Arizona

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Goodyear, Arizona

Post by CatherineR on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Hello, my name is Catherine and I just can't remember if I introduced myself before scratch . I've been a big time lurker for several years on and off. I've learned lots from this forum and would like to thank everyone for sharing so generously! My husband and I just recently moved here to Goodyear, Arizona from California. My daughter, Cassandra, and I will be launching our business soon. We're following the advice given here and have our business cards, flyers, small banner (all free from vistaprint as advised here Very Happy ). I retired from the Dept. of Corrections-California 4 years ago and Cassandra is an Air Force veteran who is currently attending Arizona Christian University. We have a gig at my grandchildren's Senior Lock In next weekend. We are practicing lots of fancy eye designs for the girls and some tattoo designs and such for the guys. Sorry for being so long winded just got carried away lol! ! Thanks again and I look forward to the time that I can contribute here too.
CatherineR

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Goodyear, Arizona

Post by fesspenter on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:11 am

Welcome to the Forum!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by CatherineR on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 am

Thank you. I've been here so long (lurking) and I've seen the progression that many of the painters here have made. Looking forward to being able to contribute soon! Did sign up for the Odd Request Challenge.
CatherineR

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Welcome Catherine! This is an amazing forum to be apart of! Can't wait to see what you contribute Smile
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CatherineR on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Thank you, Katurah! I read that you recently graduated, Congratulations! I see how young you are and it shows 16 years old in your profile. I got married to my highschool sweetheart at the age of 16 and how things would have been different had I started facepainting back then! Well, 45 years later, still married to my Babe, Frank and ready to make a business of it!
CatherineR

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Welcome to the HEAT sister! I too am from califoria I've been here for years now. I am located in Peoria not to far from yall. I am a beginner in this big madness of fun! Catherine I just ordered my cards from vista print how did you get things for free?
ARTSY LADY

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CatherineR on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Artsy Lady, something I learned here was register with vistaprint with email address and sure enough a few days later got an offer for 250 free business cards! I ordered an additional 250 for less $10 + shipping. Thereafter, I received an offer for other freebies like small banner, flyers, return address labels and business card magnets + shipping. We also signed up for a website with first month free! Hope this helps and if you'd like to get together for a mini-jam, pm me.
CatherineR

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Welcome!
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:21 pm

CatherineR wrote:Thank you, Katurah! I read that you recently graduated, Congratulations! I see how young you are and it shows 16 years old in your profile. I got married to my highschool sweetheart at the age of 16 and how things would have been different had I started facepainting back then! Well, 45 years later, still married to my Babe, Frank and ready to make a business of it!

Thank you! I'm still excited about! Very Happy

Awww how sweet! Very Happy can't wait to see you guys in action on the forum!
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CatherineR on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Well, here is a picture that I painted on myself, had to practice for this Saturdays senior lock in so what the heck (try to look beyond the wrinkles, lol)! Well, couldn't figure out how to post using my phone but it's in my gallery. It is the dragon eye design.
CatherineR

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerFun on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi, Im in Arizona too, join our groups here:

southwest-face-painting-workshops-and-jams@googlegroups.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/521822924515490/

https://www.facebook.com/sheila.logan.14

SummerFun

Number of posts : 23