Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hi all am new and need some general advice? :)

Go down

Hi all am new and need some general advice? :)

Post by glittergirls on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 am

Hi All.

Myself and a friend are new to doing glitter tattoos. We are starting out a business together and have so far done three events and getting on really well. At the moment we are just offering glitter tattoos. We may look into face painting in the future.

Main two questions are:

1. We have small pots for our glue with little brushes (like nail varnish). We brought a refill bottle of glue but after topping up at the weekend the glue has gone really think and really not nice to apply?? Any ideas what we have done wrong? Should we have cleaned the pots and brushes first before adding more glue in them?

2. We are using pots of glitter and brushes to apply. Seems such a lot of waste that just goes on the floor. Do you guys do them the same way or do you use puffer pots to apply the glitter. Another lady at an event who does face paining said this would be better??

Any tips or suggestions would be really great as we are really new to all of this!!!

Thanks in advance ladies. Smile

glittergirls

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi all am new and need some general advice? :)

Post by Jenn Doll on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:08 pm

1. could there have been too much air in th pots of glue to make them tacky? Or did you leave them open too long??

2. I use pots of glitter with brushes.... I think the puffers are best for face painting not tats. There will be some waste... but "cost of business" Wink
Jenn Doll

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-12

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Landen-Road-Designs/4471074784

Back to top Go down

Post by glittergirls on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks for your reply!! Yes it could be that we had the lids off for too long, or maybe heat I suppose. I have now washed my bottle and refilled and seems to be fine.

Will stick to the brushes then, we seem to be getting on ok with them so far.

Could I ask one last question? Do people put glue on small part of stencil then glitter. Then more glue etc. Or glue the whole stencil then add glitter? (if that makes sense) They seem to be taking us quite a while to do at the mo......may just get better with time.

glittergirls

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:57 pm

There are a lot of Youtube videos about applying the glue. Glimmer suggests applying the glue and removing the stencil right away to avoid lifting the design edges. It's a lot like when you are painting with taped edges, if you leave the paint to dry before removing the tape, it will make a bridge of sorts and lift off your paint.

I prefer poofer bottles with the opening widened (I use an old dart tip) so they don't poof anymore...it lays the paint on and you can put the glitter in spaces (like the fairy's wings) more accurately. I've also lost two pots of glitter to curious toddlers which has never happened with my bottles.
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glittergirls on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 am

Ok thanks for info Denise. Really helpful. Very Happy

glittergirls

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky@addgo.com on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:37 am

Denise. omg lol.
vicky@addgo.com

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:09 am

Question Yes??
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky@addgo.com on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:23 am

that those kids ran off with your glitter hon lol those rascals!
vicky@addgo.com

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down