Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I need me a man!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need me a man!!!!

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Seriously, folks.... I just got a letter in the mail saying that I am in violation of the "Keep Your Darn Grass Mowed" law.... YIKES! I am too busy to do it, plus my back is out right now, my 16 year son has a school, baseball, Little League umpiring AND a new girlfriend and a new job!

Now I live in a dump....

Just dandy Shocked

I am hoping this letter was drawn up BEFORE my son actually mowed the lawn on Tuesday evening!!!!
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Re: I need me a man!!!!

Post by 1HappyNut on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:24 pm

lol!

Is there a neighborhood kid in the area that would take a few bucks to keep it mowed?
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Haha... I just called the Town Offices to let them know it was mowed Tuesday night. They'll be sending their "inspector" out on the 11th to check up on it. Seriously? By that time it will need to be mowed again!!!

Shanon, any way you can come down and meet the inspector at my door? Laughing
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Our city only looks at the front of the house....so I mow that every 7-10 days....let the back go for 2 weeks....sometimes more;)

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Get a goat!...just a little pygmy...(but if you have two, I think you can get $ off your taxes for agricultural reasons)

I need a man for other reasons...(maybe)
anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Our township doesn't keep dibs on us like that, but our old house was in a townhouse community with a homeowner's association. They were major pains in the you know where about mowing. Sigh. I would also suggest finding a neighbor with a kid who would do it for a few extra bucks. Sometimes they even supply the mower/gas!

Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 pm

My neighbour has been giving me dirty looks as he mows his lawn 8 times for every once I do mine... Last year I paid him to mow mine as I had the rotator cuff injury, but this year I'm fine, just no time. I was planning to do it on my days off, but now I'm full time at the office as of last week so have to try to squeeze it in on the weekends if I have a free day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

So...... does that mean you don't have time for a visit down here in the lower 48, say around June 11th?
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

That's a Monday? Sorry have to work...

Oh, I got a new title today at work "Office Administrator" which is better than "Customer Service Representative"... I think scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:50 am

It is better. It means you still take the crap but with a more glamourous title.
CONGRATULATIONS!
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:16 am

House is a mess... laundry piled sky high... Lawn looks like h*ll... My back is wrecked... and I have another 3 day event this weekend.

Ahhhhhhh, life is good.

But you know, ya gotta take the good with the bad, right?

Like tonight... I get my car all packed to transport to my booth partner's house so she can take everything to our sight to set up tonight since I had a birthday party tonight. We unload my car and repack it all into her car. I then drop my son off at his baseball game and head to my birthday party. I go through Mickey D's and get my large unsweetened ice tea which I am completely and unabashedly addicted to, and as I'm pulling away I look to my right and don't see the face paint carry-on I'd packed specifically for this party. I pull over, look in the back seat...nothing there. I get out and look in the trunk... NOPE. Oh poop on a poptart, my son didn't pack it in the car!!! (My fault for not directing him to)... I had to drive all the way back home (20 minutes) to get the carry-on, knowing that I would have to call the hostess to tell her I was deeply sorry but I was going to be late. I get home and she has left ME a message from 2 hours earlier saying that her son had changed his mind about the Jake & the Neverland Pirates theme at the last minute and it was now Angry Birds. I call & get her voicemail. I tell her I am sorry I am going to be late and tell her I will take 20% off my fee. I get there exactly 1/2 hour late. I break the ice with a couple of silly remarks and everyone shares a laugh. YAY! She obviously had enough time to have all Angry Bird decorations, balloons and cake... what the hay, I'm always in the dark anyway so I just go with the flow.

The 4 year old birthday boy didn't want a face paint AT ALL! Nor a glitter tattoo!! He just wanted to play. I painted 6 or 8 princesses and four blue bat dudes... such originality. I pack up and take my stuff to the car...

Guess who had gotten out of the car so quickly and left their keys inside the locked car?

Expletives galore in my head....

Thank goodness for my Allstate Insurance w/roadside assistance. I had to wait awhile but help finally came and unlocked my car for me.

I am going to blame my doctor who prescribed me Hydrocodone for my back yesterday. I am one hot mess clown
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:18 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:That's a Monday? Sorry have to work...

Oh, I got a new title today at work "Office Administrator" which is better than "Customer Service Representative"... I think scratch

In the town I used to live in, we were charged an "occupational assessment tax" - a flat rate based on your JOB TITLE (not income) and you certainly would have been charged a higher tax on "Administrator" compared to "CSR". Oh and that tax was ontop of your income tax (a % of what you make). When I worked for my church 10 hours per week, it took me 3 weeks to make enough money to pay my annual occupational assessment tax because my job title was "nursery and preschool coordinator.". A pretty (and expensive) way of saying I coordinated the volunteers and prepped curriculum for Sunday mornings.

Miss Ronnie, I have a GM vehicle, so if I lock my keys in the car, I call OnStar and they open my car doors magically through a Satellite. I should start doing this all the time because my key fob is broken and too expensive to replace, so I have to actually put the key in the lock and turn it to open the doors - incredibly inconvenient when my arms are full of all sorts of junk! LOL.

Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 am

The irony of this story is.... I used to do this ALL THE TIME!!!! I only had one key that came with my car and it was too expensive to get a duplicate made.

Two years ago I actually did it twice in less than a two week span in the WalMart parking lot...

The POP-A-LOCK guy told me I could still get my key duplicated just to unlock the door, but don't use it in your ignition. So I had several made and didn't have the problem again for 2 years! I have a spare in my purse, one in my desk, one on my bulletin board and one hidden on my property... none of which helped me last night (because I always lock my purse in the car at a party)...

I am to be pitied....
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:30 am

I can't lock the car without the key and I'm glad I live in the boonies where nobody tells you when to mow. I do think I could use a man every time I have to put the ez-up up. They say 1 or 2 people can put it up but that just isn't the case 3 in a pinch but 4 is best.
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squiggle on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:47 pm

My husband was so sick of lawn work (he's in his 50's now and it was getting old!) so when we looked for this house when we moved, we looked for a low-maintenance yard... and we found one! It's built on a hillside so the back yard is literally woods (our back porch is 30 feet off the ground so when we sit out there we're in the treetops LOL) and the tiny front yard is gravel! NO mowing! Yay!!!!!
squiggle

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.awesome-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

My backyard used to be beautiful... it's split into 2 sections; the closest to the back of the house is squared in with a bunch of huge maples... then, the "back 40" as we call it is all open... 200 feet deep in total. It has not looked the same since the summer of 2007 when I bought it and my son & I moved in. My illness killed the backyard... it looks like crap now. But all the wildlife sure as heck loves it back there. The dang groundhog is part of the family now! Laughing
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:11 pm

We're lucky that we don't have a town that cares. BUT my 17yo son will have a fire with his buddies out back and they will do the yard work for me. They have a "will work for food and Mt.Dew" attitude, especially if I allow them to use the power tools (they are 17 and 18).
This past weekend they were here for two days, dug the hole for the new stone patio, weed whacked, devised a shelf to hold drinks by the hot tub, took the nails out of an old gate, removed a set of stairs (and burned them), helped me with the hot tub (move, install, set up) and I'm sure there is more in there. Power tools, Mt. Dew slushies, food and fire seemed to be the magic combination to bribing them effectively. Wink
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by squiggle on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:17 pm

I can't wait for my son to move back home. He moved to Texas a year ago to go to school for residency, then found out he can't afford the school he wants! So he's decided to move back home this summer. He's going to be my line manager at all my festivals this summer before school starts and do any and all odd jobs around the house for me. Hubby is a computer programmer and let's just say... he can't hit a nail in straight to save his life Wink
squiggle

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.awesome-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:43 pm

One of my son's best friends has moved in with us. It is like a dream come true. He actually motivates my son to want to help me more!!!

Today, our pool was finally cleaned out, after being neglected for 2 years!!!!

Yippy Skippy!!!!

Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Miss Ronnie wrote:One of my son's best friends has moved in with us. It is like a dream come true. He actually motivates my son to want to help me more!!!

Today, our pool was finally cleaned out, after being neglected for 2 years!!!!

Yippy Skippy!!!!

Sounds like your new tenant is awesome! Congrats!
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:03 am

Darn HOA's we pay 280 a month I believe they clean everything for us no complain there, but god help us if we have a chair out side 1 foot away from our doors. We have been cited twice in about a year once for that chair I told you about the hubby smokes i thought it be nice if he can sit and smoke. They didn't like the idea and second time in my back area next to the storage room I had a pacaged wood flooring box . I pay them to spy on me overall their nagging it's really safe here which is why we haven't sold the condo.
ARTSY LADY

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 am

I don't know how it is in your area, but our HOA at our townhouse was elected positions. So, you have the power to change who is in office at the end of the year. That being said, I noticed it was often those in our neighborhood who wanted to be on a power trip that would run for office, or those who were so bored with their lives they had nothing better to do then be nosy. The same is true in my parents' neighborhood, but they have been teaming up with their neighbors NOT on the board to make changes to the rules in their development. They even found a way to amend their HOA's by-laws so they could put in a pool in their yard! It would take a LOT for me to move back into a neighborhood with a HOA.
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 am

The prices of the houses here in Arizona are just now rising and up until a few months ago we refuse to take what the bank would offer. I live around retirees and couples that own dogs in replacement of children so nosy indeed they are. One year ago I made a party for my now three yr old decorated the pool area and had an entertainer with about twenty kids, well a day later the whole community was talking. One of my neighbors came up to apolagise that the neighbors where talking smack about my personal gathering. I was then unaware of their little group. Any who I wish I wish I had the time to waste to go for the elections but I just have too much going on. =-)
ARTSY LADY

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:28 am

Same here - working with children while keeping a home leaves very little time for spying on the neighbors unnecessarily. ;-)
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum