Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

How do I get started?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I get started?

Post by ArtByASM on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:37 am

I am new to facepainting. I have no idea what to buy, paint, powder, brushes, where to buy, online? Any help would be awesome. I see many multi palette powders that look like makeup eyeshadow compacts. So I was wondering where do you get those? Is it a certain face painting products? Sorry so many questions. I have no idea where to start, Thank you for any info!

Annamaria

ArtByASM

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I get started?

Post by Denise Cold on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:52 am

Start reading! There is so much information here that you would be cheating yourself to not go back and read as many threads as possible. You'll probably just get short answers here on the thread because many, like me, did a lot of reading and research when they were just starting so we don't want to try and pour that all in your cup...you need to do some work too. Smile

Start with the "Frequently asked questions" section and go from there.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your work.

D.
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:10 am

Welcome to the Forum, Annamaria!
Where are you from?
If you log onto your Profile, you can write in your general location on planet Earth, so you can connect and jam with local face painters.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 am

Welcome Annamaria, click on the facepaintforumshop tab above to start your shopping!
I would be buying a few samples of different paints to start off with to see what you like, a couple of rainbow cakes and one or two one-strokes, some #4 round brushes, 3/4 brush and a few sponges, get your practice in, get onto youtube or and if you can afford it subscribe to fabatv.com, once you feel comfortable in what you can achieve then spoil yourself with a few more paints!
As already mentioned there is lots of stuff posted here, take your time and read through it
cheers

Dex

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top