Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Starblend ideas!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Starblend ideas!

Post by Chrissy13 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi this is my 1st post on here - ive recently bought the black starblend pdw and loly-pop applicators. I mainly bought for batman designs and shading ie skulls/zombies. Ive been using black diamond fx for my batman designs and love this paint but have concerns that its too strong nr little ones eyes and could irritate or stain their skin too much. I use alot of Snazaroo as safe product (insurance purposes etc) but their black is not vibrant enough and melts at the sight of the sun. I found the starblend difficult to apply and not very vibrant -think im gonna have to practice lots. Do you guys use the starblend to do line work?or mere colour areas? any tips and pics of batman designs using black starblend most appreciated thanks Chrissy UK :-)

Chrissy13

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi Chrissy13,

I actually use Global Strong Black. It doesn't stain and is easily removed with soap and water. It does get softer than the other Globals, but has a similar consistency to Wolfe.

For Starblends, I just use either Paradise or the Global Strong black to outline; of the two, Paradise seems more sweat resistent. In extreme conditions, you can use mixing liquid to activate regular line work paint you've put in a little separate container (you don't HAVE to separate out some paint, but it gets a little sticky coating from the mixing liquid) The mixing liquid makes the paint more sweat and water resistant.

DON'T WET STARBLENDS. First of all, they don't work well wet and second, once you've wet them, they aren't good dry anymore without some serious fixing. If you want to wet powder paint, Ben Nye Magicake works better for that purpose and dries to a powder finish.

D.
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy13 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks Denise for your reply - ive not heard of the global strong black before so ive just googled it and it does sound good - I find the UK is behind compared to America re choice of other suppliers. Tends to be mainly snazaroo. Have you got a pic of batman using starblends? Ive ordered a dark blue snazaroo and think im going to try and do the base with this and then use my black starblend on top of the dark blue to shadow/blacken and then use diamond fx white to place some hi-light areas. I hear starblend sticks well to applied base paint.

Chrissy13

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Others have used Starblend black for Batman, I still use paint to get that shiny black appearance. There is a Starblend Creation group on Facebook for sharing designs. I also have an FAQ I put in the files section to answer most questions. Tell Peta Rogers (she's the admin) that Denise sent you.
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy13 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:27 pm

ok dokey will have a looksy :-)

Chrissy13

Back to top Go down