Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Prisma cakes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prisma cakes

Post by PaintedFaces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:44 am

I read on this forum recently that some of you didn't like the Prisma Cakes. Found them hard to work with. Could someone please enlighten me as to why they were difficult? I want to buy some larger-than-arty cakes, but the round style of rainbow cakes irritate me because there is so little of the outer colours, so I liked the look of the prisma cakes.
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Re: Prisma cakes

Post by anniel on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 am

I personally really like prisma cakes, for the same reasons you stated. A Mark Reid Body brush enables me to pick up all the colors if I want...or I can go for a variety of choices for smaller faces with a less bulky brush.
anniel

Number of posts : 2305
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:31 am

Take a look at the 50 gm TAG rainbows as well.
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockie on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:24 pm

I have Three Prisma cakes and one Arty cake,,, love love the Prisma Smile

Rockie

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 pm

i have 2 of the prisma cakes...i love them...they have lots of paint in them
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I wrote that I prefered Tag or arty cakes for one stroke. but what I didn't say I actually love them for bases. And that it is a matter of prospective.
My reasoning behind this has a couple of elements too it.

For me as a one stroke.......(I say this as others may have a different expierience)

- Paradise white and generally lighter colours tend to really suck in the darker colours which in a delicate sort of one stroke design can at times look different 10 mins. eg on hot prisma cake I will often a bleed from the yellow say into the white. which as a base can be nice but as a small one stroke can look a mess.
- comparing as a one stroke only vs tag or arty cakes I find there is more reloading of the brush. It is also different to work with.
- I feel more paint is used in its application as a one stoke. - that could just be a feeling
- I find it muddys very easy again compared to Tag or arty cakes
- I feel some of the cakes wear unevenley

as a base I find

-It is awesome blends so well and easy (so easy it feels like cheating)
- I find I dont have to reload a sponge as much.
- It washes off really easy compared to my tag bases
- my kids and the cousins like the feel of it better than other brands on there skin. As they let me paint them they also get a say

Like many things face painting I just think that different brands have different qualitys. I like paradise and kryolan white but...when it comes to line work I am reaching for wolfe or DFX. If for some reason I left may white at home and I was in a pinch. I would grab paradise or Kryolan as I think some white, would be better than none.

But while Tag is making one strokes if I need one stroke design I will use the tag cakes. Again though on the same note if someone wants a cool monster. I am generally going to skip over the tag splits in favour of the prisma.
If however I have a small kit with me, I will use what I have brought along.

Another thing to bear in mind, as my situation may differ to yours I am doing more shopping malls, picnic days, clubs, kids days etc than childrens partys.
At these events I don't have the time to keep reloading with the prisma or blend really nice with the Tag as I am there painting between 15 to 19 per hour. If I am at a childrens birthday party where I have more time (as I aim for 12 per hour in that area,) I take a smaller kit with less and have time to mess around blending and reloading. At which point many of the limitations I mentioned - that I find others may not, of either product don't bother me. I honestly grab whatever then.

However when reloading, fixing muddynes, blending is costing me minutes at the bigger gigs. I use whatever speeds me up.

elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Thank you everyone. Especially Elantaura! It sounds like for what I want, the Prismas will be perfect.

I will have to order some TAG paints at some stage, everyone raves about them so Smile
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top