Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Greetings from Ontario Canada

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings from Ontario Canada

Post by FUNtasy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Hola everyone!

I am a very new in this art, I started painting my daughter face for the bunny Easter. Last year the line was so long that she could not get her face painted and she was so sad, so this year I did it myself with my make up equipment and she was so happy than since then I have being painted her face pretty much every week.

By now my best design is a bunny because is the one that she loves the most LOL and when I try to paint something else to practice a new design she just says " no mami I want the bunny"

Just a month ago I decide to take this more seriously, so I did my research about paint product, brushes and all kind of thinks.

I have being practicing on my friends and neighborhood so far has being a very interesting experience, in fact one of my neighbor saw my job and she already ask me to paint on her son's birthday party.... I am nervous.

The best part for me, comes when I do a face that to me looks very sloppy and the kids think that is cool; that has being the best pay and seeing their faces with that big smile that make me feel that I am a real artist.... that is the best feeling ever is like being a magician for the kids.

Anyway I want to thank everyone in this forum because you guys are awesome, and so nice just for the fact of sharing techniques and tips and well all kind of advice.

Hasta la vista! Wink

Last edited by Funtasy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
FUNtasy

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2012-07-21

http://www.FUNtasy.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from Ontario Canada

Post by 1HappyNut on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Welcome!
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Welcome!
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelley Bellefontaine on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi there. what's your name and where are you from? We have lots of Canadians here Smile
Shelley Bellefontaine

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://www.you-name-it.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyLinesAndColour on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Greetings fellow Canadian! Yes, it's amazing how kids faces light up isn't it? Makes this job soooo worth it. Smile

AmyLinesAndColour

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chubbycheeks on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Where do people from Ontario buy your paints? I am new to face painting as well and am not sure the cheapest place to buy paints from. I have only used Wolfe and snaz. I love the Wolfe more then snazaroo!! I hear that Tag isn't insured in Canada or something?

So if people could let me know the best/inexpensive places to buy paint and any info on the Tag if you've heard of anything that would be great!!

Thanks,
Cassie

chubbycheeks

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Dear chubbycheeks:
Where in Ontario are you from?
I buy from the facepaintforum shop and have it shipped to my Aunt in Detroit. I pick it up when I visit my family. I understand that Metina from the facepaintforum shop ships really fast.... and I cannot enjoy her miraculous speed because I wait sometimes a month before I can pick up my paint. The border charges ridiculous amounts of money in duties and shipping.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by chubbycheeks on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:51 pm

I am in Kitchener. There is a place here that sells it but am looking for better prices!!! I was wondering about duties if I order from a place in the states. HAve you ever ordered from Silly farm? If so do you get charged tax and duties when it arrives?

Thanks,
Cassie

chubbycheeks

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:06 pm

It is hit and miss with Canada Customs.
They are not supposed to charge due to NAFTA agreements.
You cannot complain to anyone when you find out they charge almost $50 for a $39 order for duties. They can hold your paint hostage. It is a bit like being in the middle of a Kafka book. Hopeless situation. Therefore, I order from the FacePaintForumShop and I declare my paint when I pick it up and go over the border. Never been a problem..... um, except when the US Customs guard caught a glimpse of my practice head peeking out of a bag in the back and said, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!" My car got searched. At least I went to Pashur's class in Detroit with a story to tell!

Send a PM to Glitterfly in Windsor. She can help you.

Happy Painting!

fesspenter

Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by chubbycheeks on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:08 pm

um, except when the US Customs guard caught a glimpse of my practice head peeking out of a bag in the back and said, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!" My car got searched. At least I went to Pashur's class in Detroit with a story to tell!

[/quote]

LMAO That's funny!

What paint do you use/like the most?

Last edited by chubbycheeks on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a question!!)

chubbycheeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top