Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Painting in Hospitals

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Painting in Hospitals

Post by Gretchen on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:44 am

So happy to hear you did it! I bet you'll never forget the experience and neither will the kids. Reminds me of a good quote I heard once.... "do the hard thing!" It always pays off in the end.
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by smiley143 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am

Oh my - just read these posts and it makes you want to cry and cheer a the same time.

I think I have a place and a goal for my face painting - I think I will practice, try to get really good and see if I can help out in some way. I feel I need to Pay-It-Forward some how and this could be my nitch.

Thanks for posting all this - just makes me feel good inside and that there is caring peolpe still out there!

smiley143

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Fesspenter ---I think you should write a short story about this and send it in to a Readers Digest type magazine! Wonderful!
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Fesspenter you need to write a book on face painting in hospitals.
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I am horrible at writing. Writing is like ripping out a part of my heart and leaving it bleeding on the page for all to see. I write out observations on the FPF, and I feel like I am preaching to the choir. It feels affirming to write out my little heart on the FPF.
I wrote about face painting at Sick Kids many years ago on Philadelphia Tivoli's Face Painting Tips, and I got a few extremely angry letters telling me that face painting in a hospital was disgusting and synonymous with spreading disease, filth and pestilence.
My little heart got stomped on.
I am saving it all for the FPF.
xoxo
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 pm

how horrible---why so many haters in the world?! If one can bring joy and happiness others have to bring them down! Keep giving the stories to us--we will keep your heart safe!
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by scgilland on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Update on this. I paint at so many events, that I remember some children's faces, but I can't always remember when I painted them. I had birthday yesterday, and I knew I had painted this little girl before, just couldn't pin point it. I finished all the children and they were very happy, and then the little girls father came up to me and asked if I could paint a dragon on his shaved head, like I did on his little son Braden, at that moment, I totally lost it because I realized this was the family of the little boy Braden that I painted last August. Braden passed away this last year. Oh I was a cry baby!
scgilland

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2011-06-27

http://www.princess-pirate-lucinda.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogueskiss on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:56 am

I am now a regular for painting medical, and special needs events. As many of you know, my son is a childhood cancer survivor. I have a hard time imagining what it would be like for someone not familiar with the sick child world not crying every night after painting cancer kids. Last weekend I did carnival for Assisted living company. I had a blast, some of the most fun and grateful people ever! Would like to thank Lisa again for sharing her knowledge of painting in medical areas!
Pogueskiss

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 am

I didn't realize that they allowed painting in hospitals, which is awesome to know! We have a huge Children's hospital here that I'm sure would love it and I'd love to make that a charity of choice. I'll have to talk to them about that when I get some more brushes.
Thanks for those tips Lisa!

Pogueskiss wrote:I am now a regular for painting medical, and special needs events. As many of you know, my son is a childhood cancer survivor. I have a hard time imagining what it would be like for someone not familiar with the sick child world not crying every night after painting cancer kids. Last weekend I did carnival for Assisted living company. I had a blast, some of the most fun and grateful people ever! Would like to thank Lisa again for sharing her knowledge of painting in medical areas!

Thanking God for the healing of your son!! Smile
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top