Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Been MIA, slowing down to say hi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been MIA, slowing down to say hi!

Post by Becky521 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi gang! I haven't been on in almost a month! Life is moving way too fast this summer. I was forced to slow down this week by a sinus infection that gave me laryngitis. So, I called out of my day job, saw the MD, got my antibiotics and spent the day chill-axing and catching up on the Twilight movies. :-)

My Chick-Fil-A nights went awesomely and I can't wait to do more work for them (I leave politics out of my business, btw. I believe what I believe, others as free to do the same, I operate on the theory of Hard Rock Cafe - "Love All, Serve All"). Anyway, they hooked me up with a mountain of free meals for my family and when my hubby goes in for his lunch break, if the general manager is working, he comps his meals - even without a coupon!

I have my 2nd First Friday even this Friday and with the arrival of my CO2 tank, I will be adding airbrush tattoos to my services to broaden my demographic. I leave Saturday for vacation at the OC, NJ beach for a week, then back to work for 2 weeks before I start my Fine Art program at the local community college!

I can't wait to start my art program. I love painting on skin, but I'm ready to work in other media as well. I have to attach a photo of art I did at "Painting with a Twist" a week ago today when I get back on my laptop (on my iPad at the moment). It's the first thing I EVER painted on canvas, and while I would've done a couple things differently if I could do it again today, I'm quite proud of it!

I can't wait to look around and catch up on how you've all been doing. I've missed you all!

I love you
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Been MIA, slowing down to say hi!

Post by Becky521 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 pm

My "Painting with a Twist" painting:

I don't know how well you can see, but I was going for a jagged, edgy look for the tree trunk, and a more swirly fairy-tale like look for the branches. The white "things" on the limbs started out as leaves, but they also remind me of fairy or angel wings. I am not sure I would paint them again, or if I did, I would make them smaller. I think they overpower the limbs a bit. The little yellow dots around the trunk are "fireflies." I went a little crazy on them, but thankfully, you can't see most of them unless you get up REALLY close to the painting. I learned, I need to practice self-control and not keep going and going and going on some of the elements in my paintings (and designs). That being said, I'm particularly proud of my blending in the background and of my "curls" on my limbs. My less artistic friends were pretty jealous of those. ;-) I'm pretty proud of it as a first try though. Smile
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Fun! Good for you for branching out. I get asked that question at ever gig "Do you do other kinds of art?" Now you get to say "Why, yes...yes I do."
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top