Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

What do you think of my Panda?

Go down

What do you think of my Panda?

Post by ARTSY LADY on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 am

This is something I did while trying to better my art. Remember that im new to this, I would like some criticism on this with the intention of developing myself. Thanks everyone!
ARTSY LADY

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think of my Panda?

Post by Tineke on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 am

I like your bamboo sticks, I always tend to outline everything, and you just gave me a great example of a design where an extra outlining would ruin it (it looks very good ,and to outline it with black - as I probably would have - would ruin the natural look, and make it more cartoony )

About your panda: i like it, it's definetely recognizable as a panda , though I would say the shape of his head is a bit off... (please don't shoot me!!!)
on the left side you have a nice round shape that's starting in the corner of the mouth , and on the right side you added the shading-line that is a completely different shape than the line you made on the left side... If you would have made that line in the same manner as the left side, it would give him a great looking face

I would've left out the white nails, and just would maybe do a tiny flick with a black nr 1 brush, starting within the white of the feet...

Overall: a very good panda!
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:47 am

Same critiques as Tineke. The only other thing I would change would be the leaves. They can be much simpler. Bamboo is a monocot grass so the leaves are more like blades of grass with lines running parallel so no need for texture...just a flick of the brush like a tear drop...and have little branches coming out of the joints of the bamboo. I would also just make the eyes white and barely there, the red looks a little terminator.

I can tell you are artistic, I don't think I could draw a panda like that...but just google lots of reference stuff including what other face painters have done.

Here's a photo I found of a panda in bamboo I found a long time ago. I guess it's from Disney Animal Kindgom. Yours actually has more detail but see how effortless this design is. If you could take your ability and apply it to this design it would be perfect.

Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boe on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 pm

It looks good! I dnt think i couldve done better! Smile just one thing the eyes make him look like a zombie panda lol ... Im a newbie so i wouldnt know how to fix that :/ great job tho Very Happy

Boe

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am

Tineke I would never shoot you infact I love the criticism, I am totally new to this and I need to get all my angles right. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
ARTSY LADY

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:39 am

Now Denise I was biting my toungue while doing those ugly leaves in my eyes I knew that those where not right, but in my head I thought "Oh what the heck if i never try it I will never know if it could have been" In my kit i dont have a brown so I mixed a read and teal toguether and it gave me a sort of brown red color. So i added that round eye and TRIED to use a small dot of white for the eye, evidently the white was soaked up by that color but thank you. I did forget One thing though, THE CHOP STICKS AND NODDLES!!!
ARTSY LADY

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:58 am

We call Panda Express "Chickety-Chicken" and it's my favorite...next to Cafe Rio of course. Smile
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 am

I dont eat any red meat or poultryfrom the street only kosher meat but I LOVE their Honey Walnut Shrimp, I too love panda!
ARTSY LADY

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Artsy! I'm pretty new too, but just a tip for you, as I've been a surface designer in other industries for years.....whenever you need to learn a shape, character, animal, anything broken down to it's simplist lines, google for instance "Panda clip art" in Google images. Always put the words "clip art" and you'll get pages and pages of both realistic and cute cartoon to incorporate into your designs. A lot of clip art takes the B.S. out of all the "extra" lines in something. Try this trick all designers use! Hope this helps!
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTSY LADY on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Thank you Tina, I've received good feedback and I am putting it all in to action thanks a mil everyone!
ARTSY LADY

Back to top Go down

Post by 1wog4ever on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 am

cool

1wog4ever

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:14 am

Tina, fantastic tip! Cute as panda design Artsy. Halloween is coming up, I say go with the zombie panda look! Wink

GRAAAAAAINS! GRAAAAAAAINS!
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down