Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from the UK

Post by Pammydoodle on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi girls and boys.
I have toyed with the idea of FP for years but always done other things, silk painting, card making, I am sure you understand. Last week my step daughter in law asked me, "as you are arty" would you do the face painting at your grand daughters 5th birthday party. Of course I would! so I have been pushed into it at last and so excited. I have purchased a snazaroo set in my excitement and am trying to read, and watch everything I can find to help me. As I have been labeled "arty" I need to come up with the goods. I am not good at drawing and painting but am so hoping that I can do a half reasonable job and would like to do more.
So many questions....... The first one please is... what is the best way to soften - prime - snazaroo paints.
Any more tips please soooooo gratefully accepted Smile x

Pammydoodle

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Kris5115 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:08 am

Hi and welcome.
I've never heard of anyone softening or priming Snazaroo paints. They are water activated (so dip your brush/sponge in the water and then in the paint). It may take a bit of practice to learn how much water to use.
Kris5115

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Welcome. Search tigers, snakes, spiderman for boys & butterfly, fairy, princess, flower , unicorn & eye designs for girls on this forum. Also check out You Tube for Lisa Joy Young. She's an excellent teacher for face painters! Don't forget the free "video corner" on the Silly Farm website.
Here on the face paint forum, you've found an amazing resource. GOOD LUCK!!!
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Pammydoodle wrote:Hi girls and boys.
I have toyed with the idea of FP for years but always done other things, silk painting, card making, I am sure you understand. Last week my step daughter in law asked me, "as you are arty" would you do the face painting at your grand daughters 5th birthday party. Of course I would! so I have been pushed into it at last and so excited. I have purchased a snazaroo set in my excitement and am trying to read, and watch everything I can find to help me. As I have been labeled "arty" I need to come up with the goods. I am not good at drawing and painting but am so hoping that I can do a half reasonable job and would like to do more.
So many questions....... The first one please is... what is the best way to soften - prime - snazaroo paints.
Any more tips please soooooo gratefully accepted Smile x

Can't actually offer anything useful in terms of advice, as I'm even more of a newbie than you are, but I just wanted to say....HELLO to a fellow UKer! I'm in Edinburgh, where are you? Very Happy

Also, I got into this partly because I'm very crafty too, but you sound exactly like me in terms of being no good at actual drawing and painting. I can make a great card with an image that I've stamped and then inked relatively well, and ask me to work with ribbons, brads and die cutters....I'm your lass! Ask me to actually draw something, and it looks like someone dipped the legs of a drunk, drugged-up spider into black ink and let it stumble across the page. Laughing

I'm really enjoying painting my little boy's face so far, though I've only done 4 faces and a small decorative image (he wanted an ice cream cone on his knee, mad baby!) in the 2 days I've been doing it. I'm really touched by the warm welcome I've been given here, and that even though most here are very talented, often professional artists, they don't turn their noses up at people like me who are purely newbie!

Hope your party goes brilliantly! Do let us know, I'll be cheering you on from here.

Kammy x
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by anramire2 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 am

Hello and welcome.
anramire2

Number of posts : 853
Registration date : 2009-08-13

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/My-LoVe-for-ART/2104600

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi there! I guess what you mean is how to make the snaz paint-ready? I just open all the lids and give them a gentle mist with a spray bottle...
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum