Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Complete newbie!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Complete newbie!

Post by Kammy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:28 am

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd drop in and say hi after registering a couple of days ago. I'm Gill, and I'm about as newbie as you can get in this whole art - I painted my first face yesterday! I have a 4 year old son who adores having his face decorated at fairs, festivals, the local Mela and so on, so I finally decided that I'd indulge us all by investing in a small kit.

Given it's just for family use and it's what I saw used at the festivals we've recently been to, I bought a Snazaroo starter kit (the one with 6 of the 18ml cakes), and I have 5 more cakes and a small "taster" palette of Wolfe colours in the way. I read here that Snaz isn't great in heat, but that's not exactly an issue I have to deal with - I live in Scotland!

So far I've only painted DS up as a clown and a dalmation doggie, but I've really enjoyed it. He's so thrilled that he insisted I paint him as a clown again this morning, so he's currently running around my sitting room wearing nothing but underpants and face paint. Laughing

Anyway, thought I'd stop lurking and say hi. Thanks for all the inspiration here - there's so much talent on this forum!

Kammy x
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Complete newbie!

Post by PaintedFaces on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:48 am

Awwww gorgeous. It can't be that cold if he's running around all nekkie. Smile Welcome to the FPF.
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 am

Welcome!!!
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:01 am

Welcome to the Forum, Kammy!
The first face painting workshop I ever took was with Scotland's own Lynn McKay.

My middle daughter would always doff her clothing the moment she got home until she was about 4 years old. She does not do that any more. She is 17 years old. We used to keep the heat low in the winter time so she would stay clothed. It didn't work. We all froze, and Darcy was still naked.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 am

fesspenter wrote:Welcome to the Forum, Kammy!
The first face painting workshop I ever took was with Scotland's own Lynn McKay.

My middle daughter would always doff her clothing the moment she got home until she was about 4 years old. She does not do that any more. She is 17 years old. We used to keep the heat low in the winter time so she would stay clothed. It didn't work. We all froze, and Darcy was still naked.

lol!
Mine's 8 now, and just yesterday I had to go tell her to hide, because she was jumping around in her underwear (naturally with half of her bum showing) when a guy rang the door... And STILL she wanted to go see who was at the door (in her underwear)
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I've certainly got a lot to learn - I'd never even heard of split cakes until today and I'm already going "ooooh....I wonder if I should get a few....?" I'm only painting my son and his friends, for goodness' sake, it's not as if I'm a pro like so many of you, and need a huge kit! Very Happy

fesspenter wrote:Welcome to the Forum, Kammy!

LOL fesspenter - been there, done that. Cian loves to be nuddy whatever the weather, no matter how much I try to persuade him otherwise. Perhaps I should see the silver lining, and branch out into body painting instead! cheers

I'd love to do a workshop sometime. Perhaps when Cian starts school next year, and I've taken some time to make sure the craft "sticks" with me, IYKWIM. I think it will, I've been wanting to give it a go for years. Today...my first Spider-Man, at the little dude's request. Wahey!

Kammy x
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Tineke - on the bright side, at least our littles have obvious body confidence! Laughing
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 pm

welcome Kammy, enjoy the forum
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down