Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Fees for Parties or other functions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fees for Parties or other functions

Post by Red Robin on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:38 pm

I am trying to get my business off the ground and I could really use some help from you painters that have been at it for a while. I am a good artist and have been doing face painting for church functions for 3-4 years now but now I want to branch out and do parties and other functions. My problem is that I just don't have any idea how much to charge. I realize that I wouldn't charge as much for cheek art that I do for masks and I would charge less for masks than I do for full face. Could some of you just give me some ideas?

Red Robin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Fees for Parties or other functions

Post by debranewmanart on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Google face painters in your area. See what they are charging...go from there. I don't do cheek art, but my prices are $5 for quick stuff like eye designs, $8 for mask and half face, $10 for full face deatailed.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Robin on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:04 pm

I was thinking $5 as the minimum and going up from there so I wasn't that far off. I personally think cheek art is a waste myself, glad to see I'm not the only one. Thanks for the insight!

Red Robin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:39 pm

If you are doing parties, then you would usually charge per hour or based on the number of children up to X or Y for a certain rate rather than based on size of the designs. I presume at a party that they will all want full faces, if anyone wants less than that, that's fine, but I will expect to be doing the best on everyone.
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Also... Where are you from?
Different areas have different rates.
If you go into your Profile, post your region. This is a great way to meet face painters in your area, jam with them and share shipping costs for face painting.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3331
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Robin on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 am

I went to my profile and filled in the areas that I knew but I don't understand all of the things at the bottom. I am not very computer literate and I don't have a website yet. How do you set up a gallery and where would I go to do that? I wish I had known that there was a forum like this years ago. I may have gotten out there sooner. Thanks folks!

Red Robin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHeidi on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Under the "profile" heading - fill in your location and any other information you'd like. At the bottom of the page, there is a "Save" button - click that and your information will appear for everyone to see. (This one's easy)

To create a gallery (I believe) you go to "gallery" heading - and click where it says "your personal gallery (or album)" and it will have an upload button. You can add pictures there. Select file, find it on your computer, then again use the save button.

THEN you copy the address of that page, back onto your profile page where it says "gallery address" and you will have a gallery box!

I'm sure it's clear as mud for someone not very computer savvy. Anyone, please correct me if I've gotten any of this wrong Very Happy
MissHeidi

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-07-30

http://www.colormewildfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top