Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Break down ( hope final update!)

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes, Creabella, you would be strong too!
Because there's nothing else you can do, if you want to fight it, you have to fight it with all you have!
I love you 
Big hugs for you too!
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Affordable Face Magic on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Lizzie, rant all you want, here among friends. First, we loved your art, then we loved your spirit. All of it...BEAUTIFUL & INSPIRING.I love you
avatar
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 813
Age : 69
Location : Wellington, FL
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks Pat! I love you
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Valerie A on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:43 pm

L!zzie, I did a google translate on that web link...it doesn't translate it perfectly, but enough to get the idea. So sad that all that $$$$$ (insert euro symbol there Wink ) goes for fluff!

And that "don't wear a bra" Shocked  makes no sense whatsoever to me.

I was reading sometime back about nano technology and how they hoped some day to be able to target the individual cancer cells instead of flooding your whole body with that poison. I hope that they are putting a lot of money into that!

I just talked to my girl friend (we've known each other 38 years) and her surgery went well and they think they got it all, with no lymph involvement. She was going to try alternative medicine, but she has decided to go with the chemo. I've learned so much from you here, that just because the surgery is over there is Much more involved and she will need support for a long while. (Not that I didn't think she would need the support for the "long haul," but I learned more specific areas where she will be needing support.) Thank you for sharing on that dark night that things were just overwhelming...you have touched so many lives. And even though you are waaaaay around the world from Oregon, I feel close to you and admire your strength and courage.
Consider your head massaged by my sloth paws Wink (referring to the sloth/cat video a few pages back.)

Miss Ronnie, your nephew is a good kid! flower
avatar
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Location : Near Eugene Oregon
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Miss Ronnie on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:17 am

Aw, thanks, Valerie!... he's my first cousin's son (his aunt and uncle for whom he is running to honor were my first cousins and I grew up with them.)

He and his wife just had their 2nd child two months ago!
avatar
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Age : 56
Location : Carthage, New York
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm glad the surgery of your friend went well, Valerie!

For me, it wasn't the surgery, chemo, becoming bald or feeling sick.
Hardest part was -and still is- the fear you might have to say goodbye to your loved ones, especially my kids.
I can't describe what it feels like, but I know now the meaning of the word agony...
On those moments I just need some people around me, who won't tell me 'don't be afraid', but tell me:"you don't have to be afraid alone"
Because you will be afraid and nobody can take the fear from you, for nobody can tell you how the story continues.

Now, please give me that lovely slotpawsmassage, it'll make me laugh and feel good! Wink 
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Valerie A on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Oops! Miss Ronnie...I wrote the note to L!zzie, went to your link to read it and then came back to comment to you about it. My little pea brain couldn't retain "cousin" that long so it converted it to "nephew." Embarassed
And can you tell me how he is doing that in the picture in the article???
(Sorry L!zzie, do not mean to hijack this thread!)
avatar
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Location : Near Eugene Oregon
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 am

Oh no! Feel free!
I'd love to hear that too...
Very Happy 
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Michael Magick on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:59 pm

well my sister, I know the terror of the nights. when sleep eludes you and the fear is so palatable you can almost see it rolling from you. having faced the possibility of death your mind is all to aware that life is so short.

what I can offer you is hope...
hope lets us know that even the darkest hour will end and the light will shine again.

faith....
faith that you will not be lost in the darkness.

love....
love is the candle in the window that lights our way home on those dark nights.

strength....
I offer you my strength that you may let it support you and guide you when you are feeling lost.

friendship....
let your friends here share in your life good or bad they will be there for you.

you are strong Lass never forget that.

your friend

Michael Magick


avatar
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Age : 52
Location : washington
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Creabella on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:14 am

Aahw, what a sweet message! And oh so true!
avatar
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Age : 40
Location : Drunen, Holland
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Aw Michael, thank you so much for your sweet words!!
You're fighting a battle now too, you're such a tough cookie!!
Thank you, for your kindness and I'll send you all warm thoughts and good vibes!!
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Michael Magick on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:49 pm

without my support network aka Shannon I would not have made it. I know how hard it is battling the inner fear. so if i can help you battle yours im here my friend.

avatar
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Age : 52
Location : washington
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:08 am

I love you 

I thought treatment would be the worst part, how wrong can one be!
The inner battle between hope and fear is the hardest.
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Michael Magick on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:45 pm

yes it is. I found that i got a moments peace with Valerian root. it dropped the fear away and made me feel like just smiling. now I just sit and think of all the great things that are in my life. there is no room for the negative because my head is always full of the hope and love for those I care for.
avatar
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Age : 52
Location : washington
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:56 am

Good job!

I was told, the fear's part of 'the job' that has to be done.
I don't fight it, don't push it away, just tell myself: well ok. Today you're afraid. That's ok. You have a nice life so of course you're afraid loosing all that you love.
Today's going to be a bit hard, tomorrow will be better!

Over here you can get help from specialized psychologists, really helped me a lot!
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Valerie A on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 pm

I really appreciate you sharing those thoughts, L!zzie! I will remember to share them with my friend when she is having those bad days. Sadly, Monday, she was told her breast cancer is a rare one--1% of all breast cancers--and it does not have a good prognosis. I wish I wasn't 800 miles from her through this Sad  ...though at some point I will return to California to be with her, I'm sure. She sees the oncologist today.
avatar
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Location : Near Eugene Oregon
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:42 am

Oh Valerie, that's such sad news....
You can't influence the prognosis, but you can decide how to handle it. Are you going to fight? Make the most of every day? Look at what you have instead of what you loose? They told me percentages don't tell everything. If you have 5% chance of recovering and you are one of those five, what does the other 95% say? Nothing!
But of course the medal has two sides.... If you have 95% chance for recovering and you'll consider yourself lucky, you still can be one of the 5%.
And that's the hard part, nobody can tell you how things will be going. They can tell you what's likely, but not precisely.
I'm not an expert, everybody deals with it on it's own way, I can only share how I felt and feel about it.

Sending you and your friend a very big hug!!
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:45 am

Forgot to tell you this.... There were friends living near, that didn't mean as much for me, as the friends living very very far away!
You can be there for her and support her, even if you're far away!
Sometimes it's even better, because writing how sad and scared you feel can be easier than saying it.
I love you 
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Valerie A on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:03 am

Thank you, L!zzie, for your words of wisdom.
She saw the oncologist today, and interestingly, the oncologist told her much the same as you did about the percentages. She felt a lot better being reassured and having her questions answered (by contrast, the surgeon was abrupt almost to the point of rudeness at her questions before her mastectomy, so I'm glad her oncologist is kind...straightforward about things, but kind too...What she has is Metaplastic carsonoma.)
I've shared with her some of the things you've said. Today I was telling her about your wig...but I forgot the name you gave it...was it Gordo??
I'll have to tell her she needs some of those green and blue cyberlox you had Wink  then get some of the Leaping Lizzie facepaint from the FPF Shop and paint her face when I visit her! Laughing  That will cheer her heart, I'm sure sunny 
I need to quit hijacking this thread now. Embarassed and will PM you instead in the future.
THANK YOU, SO much for your help so I can help her better.
Take good care of yourself!
avatar
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Location : Near Eugene Oregon
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:39 am

First of all, I'm not wise!!
Just trying to find a way to live my life, with the fact of cancer in it. There is a difference in battling it.
I did everything I could do to get my body healed. Every treatment, surgery I took in order to try and make my body healthy again. It was (and sometimes is) a real fight!
However for the phychologisch (mental) part of it, i found out it's better not to fight. Fighting it means a leak of energy and it changes nothing! The fact, you uaving been diagnosed with cancer, won't dissappear!
So, I'm trying to 'accept' what happened to me, accept the fact that it makes me scared and worried sometimes, and that it's ok to feel worried and scary sometimes. It's a bit hard to explain inEnglish, but acknowledgement of your feelings, means you listen to yourself en take yourself and your feelings seriously.

Do I sound like dr. Phil now?!

I recognize the surgeon being rude. My first surgeon's the same way. Instead of being upset I thought. Well, he is a bit rude, but he's very good in his surgery!! And at this moment I do need someone good in surgery, not someone being good in being kind.
Luckily my second surgery (who did the major surgery of bilateral mastectomy) was a very good and very kind man. Lucky me!

As for my wig.... I called it my groundhog! It was Miss Ronnie telling me the funny story about 'her' groundhog, which she named :Gordo
From that moment it was called Gordo!
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Valerie A on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:05 pm

"Words of experience" might say it better then Wink  ...but it makes you wiser than me in this, because you have "been there," and it helps me help my friend.  I suspect the best thing I can do for her is Listen when she needs to talk about it.
I sent her a copy of the little sign you posted on page 11 of this thread: "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than what tried to hurt you." She liked that. flower 
Thank you, again, L!zzie.
avatar
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Location : Near Eugene Oregon
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Please tell her I send her my love!
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Valerie A on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:18 pm

I will. flower
And I still treasure that sunflower you painted for my husband, by the way....You are a sweetie!
avatar
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Location : Near Eugene Oregon
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by albatros12 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:19 pm

In search of a belly painting course in my region, I stumbled across a site with a wonderful idea. Bodypainting after breast cancer. Maybe you know this already for me is it new. http://www.faceforfun.de/brustbemalung/
Recharge by the power of color. What a beautiful therapy.
avatar
albatros12

Number of posts : 200
Age : 36
Location : Austria
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.schmink-spass.at/

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by l!zzie on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Thank you for posting it!
The idea isn't new for me, but I hadn't seen this site!
avatar
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Age : 48
Location : the Netherlands, Tegelen
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Break down ( hope final update!)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum