Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

How New is a Newbie? :-D

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How New is a Newbie? :-D

Post by mamilala2004 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:46 pm

My husband and I went to Knott's Scarey Farm a few yyears back and my middle daughter wanted to go and i had reservations, but said ok. My daughter was hiding and crying part of the night and now is traumatized when it comes to clowns.
mamilala2004

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 pm

This is my 4th year in business, and I still feel like a newbie..I have been to one convention in 2011 and a workshop with another instructor.also in 2011..I will be going to pashur and Jays workshop in Feb. I feel like we should all stay fresh like a newbie in order to grow..I also watch alot of videos like Denise and Have a subscription to FABA TV..I love face painting, and have just expanded into balloons...the forum has so much to offer and we all learn from each other....I will continue to be on this forum learn from others and share. if anyone has questions I will help if I can...all I can really add is practice daily if its only for about 10 mintutes or so...it will help so much....good luck to all the new members on here....and lets all have a Great 2013
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsthe97 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:12 am

I am definitely a newbie. Everything in my gallery was done since June 2012. I started with vhs tapes of Jinny and have taken one class, special fx makeup with the Wolfe Bros (!) plus have books and a monthly subscription to FABA TV for the last few months. I am terrible about practicing unless I have a specific look/character in mind. I am seriously lacking in self confidence, and may never get to putting myself out there for gigs. I mostly want to work on adults, because while clowns don't bother me, children freak me out! I get so worried about doing a good job and that the recipient likes my work. I hate conflict and disappointing people.
Mrsthe97

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 am

Debrah you may want to try to get into a local halloween haunted house to help with make up...book adult appointments for halloween...and maybe try some of the bars in your area...I love working with the kids...most of the time when you make a mistake they are very forgiving, and usually don't even notice...they just like to be painted...i love all your scary stuff..as you can see my avitar is a scary clown...i love doing gore.and took 2 classes with the wolf brothers in vegas ...love love love their work.......
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fantasiefacies on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:30 pm

I have been painting for almost 7 years. I feel like I know my way around a brush Wink
fantasiefacies

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsthe97 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Barb. Your clown avatar is pretty creepy! Very Happy
Mrsthe97

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*hysteria*~ on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Three days and four projects lol. Once upon a time long ago... I helped face paint for our youth soccer team's booth at a local parade but I would have been, like, 12 at the oldest. Still it's alot of fun and I love seeing the smiles!
~*hysteria*~

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top