Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

FPs Childrens Lament

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FPs Childrens Lament

Post by Valerie A on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm

I've seen so many comments about how our children react to our face painting addiction that I thought I'd post this. If you have a story or point of view, please share.

This just struck my funny bone...wondering what all face painter kids will say when they grow up about being the 'victims' of our desire to paint a LIVE human face! Smile

Most of them probably start out being so excited to have mom painting them...little knowing that mom is slowly turning into a deranged face painting fiend! Twisted Evil

Then one day the line of their mouth hardens Suspect when they see us waving our brush and never again do the 'little darlings' want us to touch them...unless...we cough up some money and PAY them!! and pretty soon even money isn't enough Shocked to induce them to 'sit in our chair.'

"Yes, doc, I spent my childhood trying to hide from my mum...she used to torture me! She wasn't happy with who I REALLY was...she wanted me to always be something else, like a tiger or a princess or spiderman...just not ME!

She'd come after me with that brush of hers Evil or Very Mad and my heart would sink, I'd shake in my shoes and just start screaming 'NO! NO! not again!' and run for my life!

Then she started collecting these heads pale and replacing us one by one!! [Like a Star @ heaven that one is for you Fesspender--love your jokes about that! Like a Star @ heaven] It was really creepy how she would spend hours with those heads...talking to herself as she painted away...

So, doc, do you think there's any hope for me....? Crying or Very sad I'm such a wreck...I don't really know who or even WHAT I am..."

and

then even our friend's kids start to run when they see us... Suspect

That's when we know we have to set up our spot and start painting the rest of the world, one person at a time. cheers

Last edited by NieleA on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: FPs Childrens Lament

Post by Kammy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Since Niele asked me to move this comment over here from the thread that started this whole topic....

I can seriously, seriously see my lovely little lad going that way in the future. And maybe his friends. The old hands will be warning the new ones...

"Oh, so you've just made friends with Cian? You....you know about his mama, right? She seems so normal at first, baking cookies and giving hugs and soothing booboos. But pretty soon, when she's got you hooked on the muffins....you realise she only wants you for your skin! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SKIN, I TELLS YA!!!! "

*cue children running away, screaming as if in a zombie apocalypse*
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am

lol!
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by leapinglizards on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:17 am

It puts the face paint on the skin or it gets the hose. Sorry- couldn't resist!

leapinglizards

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.livecanvasart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 am

leapinglizards wrote:It puts the face paint on the skin or it gets the hose. Sorry- couldn't resist!
Shocked I nearly choked on my breakfast reading that one! What a Face
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 am

I have to bribe my daughter (8 years old) if I want to paint her on my special request...
(not if SHE wants to be painted, only when i NEED to paint her to have a picture of something for a special job)
I don't know where she got this from, but she's a tough negotiator...

This is a replay (as I remember it) from a couple of months ago...

Me: "Michelle, can I paint you tonight, I need some pictures for the airport job?"
Michelle: "no"
Me: "But darling, I really need to e-mail them pictures of specially created faces tonight, please can I paint you?"
Michelle: "ok, but maximum ONE face"
Me: "honey, I need at least 6 pictures of different designs"
Michelle: "NO"
Me: "Ok, how bout you let me paint two full faces and two eyedesigns, that's just 3 faces in total"
Michelle: "OK, if we bake cookies together tonight"
Me: "But it will be too late to bake cookies after we have the facepainting done, it's a schoolnight after all..."
Michelle: "Ok, so bake cookies with me on saturday, AND can we go to the playground as well?"

Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:22 am

Whoa! Michelle's going to go far in life! That's some negotiation skill she's got. Laughing
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:38 am

You can always tell them (and use nice mimic and tone):

.... I gave you birth.... (respecfull silence) Do you know how hard THAT is?!

And if it's not working, just say they can't play their computergames for a week.
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:47 am

l!zzie wrote:You can always tell them (and use nice mimic and tone):

.... I gave you birth.... (respecfull silence) Do you know how hard THAT is?!

That one doesn't work on Michelle...
"pfrt, EVERY mommy has given birth, how hard can it be?"
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 pm

I stupidly agreed to paint my daughter in exchange for a Furby. Stupid me didn't stop to realize that the chances of an 8 year old taking a liking to a toy that was around when I was in my late teens were slim to none. I'm thinking that i'd go and grab her a Furby that had depreciated in price along with it's popularity...

Nope...

$59.99...

Why?

Because they have revamped them and made them a current fad! I had no idea and I told her so...I held up my end of the bargain and since she didn't specify a limit to the number of faces, I plan to milk that Furby for at least 20 faces... 3 down...17 to go!

My Advice to other painters forced to engage in material barter for faces:

Do your research first! Those little buggers are a lot smarter than we give them credit for!
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Furbies! They're evil. You have my sympathies. What a Face
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHeidi on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm

My oldest (Cool is the master negotiator in our house. He loves his iPod touch, so he can usually con a 99 cent app out of me per face paint. Not sure which is worse though, shelling out the buck per face, or my little one's (6) demands for help on his Pokemon DS game in exchange for the use of his face. I know WAY more than I ever wanted to about Pokemon now...
MissHeidi

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-07-30

http://www.colormewildfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Ugh. Pokemon. You too have my sympathies. Laughing On the other hand, could you write off those 99c apps as a business expense, under "training"? Wink
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum