Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

A pic of my work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A pic of my work

Post by AngelBare on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I wanted to test out my photobucket app Very Happy

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sorry it's so big, I'll figure out how to change it.
AngelBare

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A pic of my work

Post by mslalahoney on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:50 pm

totally cute!
mslalahoney

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-05-22

http://facepaintingbyrenee.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 am

Cute one AngelBare!
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Really cute albino
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks guys! I have some more pictures, but I'm waiting til I'm on wifi or a computer to upload. I practiced my linework last night, and talked my hubby into modelling for me for the halloween contest Smile
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Love it - very cute. Smile Line work is my nemesis. I get shaky hands....and then worry about having shaky hands....so my hands shake more. ARGH. It's getting better, though, and working out what paint I prefer for line work really, really helped. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Halloween contest. I'm not entering, as I'm nowhere near good enough to post up with the pros, yet. Perhaps next year. Smile

Good luck!

Kammy x

P.S. Does anyone else think that this "New to Face Painting" bit of the forum feels like a little side-room off the main hallway, where there are comfy chairs and lots of paints, and we all just practice and cheer each other on, away from the awe-inspiring scariness of the long-time professionals?

No?

Oh, just me then. Laughing

Seriously though, thanks to all of you for providing an enthusiastic, non-threatening place to come and show my creations, amateurish as they are. Smile
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 pm

So well put Kammy!!

Over in that side room off the main hallway...sitting in my comfy chair making amateur squiggles in complete comfort with other newbies. Looking forward to the day that I might venture out into the hallway at least and "finger paint" on the wall there Wink before moving on to the room where the 'big kids' paint.

PS You should be a painter AND a writer...loved your wuppies and their love story for Lizzie!!!!! (over in sweet Lizzie's 'breakdown' room)
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

AngelBare,
You have one brave husband!! Husbands aren't easy to corral into being painted! Even more difficult than children...and children eventually turn into masters at weaseling Suspect things out of parents before they even allow the brush to come out of the box!! Shocked Did you have to bribe him?
Looking forward to your other pix when you are able to get the wifi going!
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm

I didn't exactly have to bribe him, but probably would have had it been anytime but halloween. I told him what I wanted to turn him into, and he was all for it, especially since I told him he'd have to shave. (I'm the one that likes the mustache and goatee, lol!)

I have two little cousins that are 14 (not so little anymore), and one that's 10 that lead such busy overplanned lives that studio time with "Aunt Angel" is still a novelty. It helps that I usually have something good for lunch to feed them.
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Here is one of them as a zombie. She's the one that likes the scary monsters and horror movie type things, lol!

AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:53 pm

I love your zombie! Smile Since we're showing stuff...I currently look like this:

My friends no longer even stare if they turn up and I'm painted. Laughing
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Very nice Kammie! I have the hardest time with butterflies, yours is beautiful. I'm going to try that tip about doing my non-dominant side first the next time I do my own face.

I showed up to plasma with my arms painted yesterday (I didn't think to was it off and hubby was rushing me) and i had to smudge it a little to show it wasn't a tattoo! (Delay of 12 mos for tattoos, thanfully I've never been interested in permanent ink!)
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 pm

I have a painting on my arm, right now as I type this, that my friend said looks like a tattoo. Laughing

I wish I'd got the painting bug when I was younger. It would've been so funny to turn up to my parents' house, painted all over and pretending it was a tattoo....

Well, funny for me, anyway. Twisted Evil

Thanks for the compliment on my green butterfly. I love that split cake. I find it really hard to paint myself when the design's around the eyes, because I'm half blind.

I try to do my seeing side first, because I can't see what I'm doing when my hand's in front of that eye and I often make mistakes doing it partly by touch! Then I try to make the same mistakes on my blind side (which I can see whilst painting, as the other eye is uncovered) so that it's all vaguely symmetrical. Laughing It's an adventure....
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Well, it's wonderful! I need to practice by butterflies and unicorns more, those are the two I really have the most problems with. Here's what I had all over me yesterday:

AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top