Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Design times?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Design times?

Post by AngelBare on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:58 pm

I took my kit to scho with me so I would actually practice, instead of waiting til I got home and was too tired. One of my friends timed me doing a couple of cheek art designs (a butterfly and an ice cream cone) and each clocked at two and a half minutes. Is that average? Good? Bad? I'm curious so the next time I do PpF (this weekend) I can price accordingly. Thanks!
AngelBare

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Design times?

Post by skjfunny on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Just saying "Why cheek art?" for that same time you could do a 3/4 face or mask with much more impact and IMO must more fun. sunny
skjfunny

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-08-17

http://sunshinetheclown.org

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Oh, I plan on timing my masks and full faces also! I just rabd out of time and didn't have a willing victim, er volunteer Very Happy. I need to be prepared for cheek art this Saturday cause the customers at the farmer's market rarely wany anything more detailed. I'm hoping that will change with the cooler weather.
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 pm

I don't do a lot of cheek art and when I do it is mostly wuppies and "butterfly brush" butterflies cause the kiddo is too wiggly for a mask, etc. Those type can be done in a minute or minute and a half.
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 am

I think hubby and I are going to Melbourne this weekend but, if I happen to head south, which farmer's market are you going to be at? Would love to meet someone else in person who is as addicted to FP as me...make me feel a little more normal if that is possible.
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelBare on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:02 am

I still have a pretty limited brush selection (all flats and rounds), although I'd like to invest ina butterfly brush and some filberts (I have some but they are the stiff kind that I use for acrylics). The two that I did were minimal detail, although they did have some. I just need to practice my speed Razz

The flea market in Beebe. I would normally go to the one in Little Rock, but the bday party I have scheduled is in Beebe also.
AngelBare

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 am

Good luck at that flea market. It is mostly people looking for a BARGAIN in all caps. LOL! You can easily make your own butterfly brush. Metina did a video tutorial on it. I've got a couple in different sizes. If I happen to catch you this weekend, I may bring you one. I am a terrible tackle tart and have wound up with lots more stuff than I need as an amateur. The bright side though is that if I ever retire and do the FP thing for other than charity, I'll have a heck of a nice kit!
martha

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:01 pm

I wasn't a big fan of the butterfly brush. I find it much easier just to do it in one-stroke. I have a Youtube showing it but the lighting was too bright so it's hard to see the detail, I'll put a picture below of a couple of different one-stroke butterflies.

There are times that are lower and higher but you should have a range of 2-3 minute quick designs and 5-8 minutes for private parties. Designs longer than that should probably be saved for private or semi-private bookings IMHO. There is a whole Facebook group called "Fast Faces - Face Painting in 3 minutes" started by our own Melody. She might let you in if you are nice. Smile It will give you an idea of what you can accomplish once you get your groove on.

Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:37 am

I wholeheartedly agree with Denise....by the time you load the brush, the one stroke butterflies are just as quick as the butterfly brush. If I have a butterfly brush that happens to be a unique shape that I desperately want..then I'd use it, but it's just as fast to one stroke it

Denise!!!! Thanks for the knowledge of another FB page...I can't get enough inspiration! lol
Facepainting by Tina

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://www.tinassugarshack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top