Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Got our business license today.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got our business license today.

Post by lady jynx on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Spent the morning at the bank and all that happy happy joy joy fun but we are official now!!! Means I can now buy my goodies out of "company" funds and free myself of the guilt that there are other things I should be spending it on. An investment is an investment. Also now I can claim all my purchases as a tax right off!!! cheers
lady jynx

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Got our business license today.

Post by Kammy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Woohoo! Go Lady Jynx! Congrats on your new, official business status.

Oh...wait a minute....

You're about to hit major tackle tart status, aren't you? And I'm about to get unreasonably jealous.

Le sigh. Laughing Enjoy your shopping spree! Wink
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Congrats lady Jynx!! Good for you cheers
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks guys. Alas my shopping spree will have to wait though (at least until after we catch up from missing 2 regular gigs on Sunday and Monday). Of course HE has been trying to bulk up my paint for ages. I have been the one saying "That would be nice but Honey ....." or "maybe we can look at that next month." lol. Sometimes I really hate being the responsible one. But I am now the sole proprietor of Beyond Belief. Which he has been preforming as since before I met him. That's right, I own him now. lol Twisted Evil
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

And Kammy your kit already way surpasses mine. Wink

Which makes me wonder what my first purchase should be?

Currently I have 2 of the snaz starter kits (the girl one and the boy one) I have been refilling them over time but I am thinking it is time to begin creating a more "professional" set up. I am tired of booking as an add on. I want to be "booked". I am also thinking about jumping into the local street fair saturday. I still can get a booth and they don't have a face painter on the vendor sheet. However it is kind of fast to try pulling off since we hadn't planned it. Any thoughts?

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Wolfe black and white. You'll wonder how you ever did without them Smile
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Paintedfaces, that was 2 that I was thinking as everyone seems to rave about them particularly for line work. I understand the black can be rather hard to remove though? or is it just that it stains?

I get so tired of the snaz black clumping on my brush while doing lines half way through a gig.

lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by ginganinja on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm pretty fair skinned- being ginger, and I've never really had a problem with the black staining. I do find that green for some reason likes to hang out for a while. If you apply a paste of only soap- no water- then wipe off with a damp washcloth everything, even green comes up pretty easy. I tell all the parents that trick.

As far as a kit, I'm partial to paradise for the common base colors, then black and white Wolfe. I also have the paradise rainbow prisma cake, which I chose because I can use the whole thing with a sponge or the warm and cool halves separately for fire and water one stroke designs. I would also highly recommend Havana sunset tag split cake from the forum shop. I'm more of a newbie and I can paint plenty with my limited kit

ginganinja

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Good to know Ginga thank you. I intend on putting removal instructions on the back of my business cards when I get them. lol

Am I correct in understanding that Paradise perfumes their paint? I have allergies to perfumes but am ok with essential oils.
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:17 am

I love Wolfe black and white, but I find Superstar (FAB) Line Black works the same for me and stains less - no matter how much Superstar line work I do, it all washes off first time, without any ghost image left. It's all so personal, though!

And Lady Jynx - hey, if my kit's bigger than yours, you're very welcome to come by and jam. If you're ever passing by Scotland, and all that... Laughing

I need painter playmates. Sniffle.
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:20 am

Regarding perfumes - Paradise is strongly coconut-scented. I love the smell, actually, but I really wouldn't want a whole face of it as I'd find that too cloying.

They're phasing the perfume out of the Superstar/FAB brand, and almost all the stock I've received has been the new, neutral type. Thankfully. The older ones smell like a terribly insistent Mary Kay lady.... If you order any FAB, maybe put in a note asking them not to send any of the perfumed type because of your allergies?

Kammy x
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 am

Yeah coconut is no good. I know many people whom are allergic to it including my dad who is planning on flying me out to do a major New Years party as well as setting up private bookings at his place for the day. I have people from my community that come to me for essential oil treatments too and am well versed in the allergies area. I know there is always a chance of an allergic reaction but I really am trying to minimize the possibility.

Kammy Scotland is on my list of places to go. My partner's heritage places him to the clan MacDonald. I fit over there somewhere too but being a watered down gypsy I haven't figured out where yet. Regardless there are roots.
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 am

Write it off as a business expense? You can put me down as "kit consultant". Laughing
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 pm

No kidding, right?
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 pm

On the flip side if you ever find yourself in our neck of the woods, lots of fun shall be had by all. Smile
lady jynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Only time I'm ever in the US, I'm right on the other side of the country - CT, to be precise. Nearest I'm likely to get to you in the foreseeable future is San Francisco! Laughing
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Well you never know. lol Wink
lady jynx

Back to top Go down