Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Please don't let this happen to you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please don't let this happen to you!

Post by Metina on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:57 pm

OK. You hear about this, but it won't happen to you right. Well it did. We lost all our photos from our computer in our move back from the UK to the US. All our kids photos from pregnancy to now, plus all our photos while we were in Europe and Hawaii.

Do a back up or two. Our only saving grace is our printed photos and shutterfly. It is going to cost a small fortune to have print outs made.

Get an external hardrive or take the time to make back-up cds. Don't wait!

Shipping from $3.99
Washington DC Metro--But Serving the World!
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Please don't let this happen to you!

Post by Metzpah on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 pm

uhg ! sorry to hear that, not that I go back and look through my albums a lot, but nice to you can if you want. The worst I have had is I know I took a picture of ... but where is it now??
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:43 am

I learned long long ago to back-up. I kept a database for a provincial association on dBase (anyone remember that?) that had three years of monthly statistics on it... we did back-ups but the hard drive was corrupt so the back-ups were useless.

I have an external hard drive that I have my entire computer backed-up to - it is one of those ones that you can work from if your computer crashes. I run the back-up every month or when I've loaded up a bunch of stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top