Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

PAINT BRANDS..!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PAINT BRANDS..!!!!

Post by MaBe on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi...
I'll start my business for face painting. I don't know which one to buy. What paint brands do you recommend for face painting?
I will appreciate your help. Very Happy
MaBe

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: PAINT BRANDS..!!!!

Post by martha on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm

There is an area for frequently asked questions and one for face painting kit. Both have tons of info.
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 pm

MaBe---have your ordered any paint yet?

I am a pretty new Newbie---and I have very little to invest in my first order....once I earned a little I ordered one of each kind of paint so I knew what to except and figured I would learn my favorites and only buy them--

As a newbie I suggest ordering a Black and White and then a pallet. It helps to learn the colors. I really do like Wolfe, but the Arty cakes (tag also) help us ko amazing things with little work.

I did a smell test on each one...under Smell the Paint or something...and found I don't like the smell of starblends so I might not order those again, but a woman named Denise here does AMAZING things with Starblend. So no one can really answer that question straight out for you.

If you don't mind me asking---how much are you going to invest?

I had $50 (US) to spend the first time---I got an arty cake in Blk & White, a rainbow one, two brushes, 2 sponges (the green are 'thicker' than the pink ones and I think easier to use), a glitter poof bottle (large cut, don't like the large one--I got the fairy one and I like that a lot more), and a brush bath. My mom bought me 2 $8.00 Snaz kits from Hobby Lobby.

It was really good to start out with until I felt more comfortable. I did about 30 faces (but practice) with those two arty cakes before buying more.

I like Paradise, Wolfe (for black)--but not TAG for black (gets goopy), I also like all my tag and arty cakes I have gotten.
So while one brand is really hard to suggest--I do suggest getting the smallest of each brand so you can each one and practice with it.

Hope that helps a little.
The two best shops I have found are sillyfarm and this Facepaintforum site shop. Sillyfarm has a larger selection, but facepaintforum is really fast shipping.

amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MaBe on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm

amylady222 wrote:MaBe---have your ordered any paint yet?

I am a pretty new Newbie---and I have very little to invest in my first order....once I earned a little I ordered one of each kind of paint so I knew what to except and figured I would learn my favorites and only buy them--

As a newbie I suggest ordering a Black and White and then a pallet. It helps to learn the colors. I really do like Wolfe, but the Arty cakes (tag also) help us ko amazing things with little work.

I did a smell test on each one...under Smell the Paint or something...and found I don't like the smell of starblends so I might not order those again, but a woman named Denise here does AMAZING things with Starblend. So no one can really answer that question straight out for you.

If you don't mind me asking---how much are you going to invest?

I had $50 (US) to spend the first time---I got an arty cake in Blk & White, a rainbow one, two brushes, 2 sponges (the green are 'thicker' than the pink ones and I think easier to use), a glitter poof bottle (large cut, don't like the large one--I got the fairy one and I like that a lot more), and a brush bath. My mom bought me 2 $8.00 Snaz kits from Hobby Lobby.

It was really good to start out with until I felt more comfortable. I did about 30 faces (but practice) with those two arty cakes before buying more.

I like Paradise, Wolfe (for black)--but not TAG for black (gets goopy), I also like all my tag and arty cakes I have gotten.
So while one brand is really hard to suggest--I do suggest getting the smallest of each brand so you can each one and practice with it.

Hope that helps a little.
The two best shops I have found are sillyfarm and this Facepaintforum site shop. Sillyfarm has a larger selection, but facepaintforum is really fast shipping.

Thanks for the info.
No haven't ordered anything yet. I was thinking to order my first paint from silly farm, but as you said I will try both stores to see which one works better to me ... Thank a lot.
MaBe

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 am

Wolfe white and Wolfe black for linework.
TAG is my choice for everything else, generally.
FAB silver.

In my kit, I have primarily TAG, D F/X, MAC, Kryolan & Wolfe. If you are not sure about brands/colors, order a sampler palette.

The FacePaintForum Shop is where I try to buy the bulk of my supplies, as Metina pays for this Forum. I find the prices competitive and the shipping rates less, and shipping is SO fast and well-packaged. I have gotten 4 brushes and a few paints packed in an overly large box filled with shipping peanuts from Silly Farm, when it could have all fit in a padded envelope and been MUCH cheaper to ship. Metina fits all her packages together, with no wasted space or products being crushed.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3333
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top