Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Dishonest-what to do

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dishonest-what to do

Post by amylady222 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:35 am

JennyNixe--

The reason I say Christmas/birthday for three years is because that is how much we would normally spend on me---well less than, but we rounded down.

I have put money in my bank account and I have no desire to spend it yet, I know it is there and that has helped a lot.

it is easy for SAHM to put on the back burner---

One of the most difficult thing is this situation is that my husband does NOT spend money unless you talks to me first--right now he is working out of town and they give him $100 for meals for the week--he comes home with $80 and feels bad he had to spend money on food- and if he buys anything more than a pop or something he always asks me---

It makes me feel selfish---but you have given me some more to think about!

Thank you!
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Dishonest-what to do

Post by JennyNixe on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:22 am

You're welcome!

FWIW, I don't think you're being selfish. Some people (like maybe your husband) just really enjoy saving money. And like I said, that's really productive up to the point of having basic security. Beyond that, in my opinion, it's just a personal preference. It's not really more virtuous than spending money. It's just really hard to convince a saver of that. But maybe if you both had spending money, you'd both loosen up.

This marriage business is more than a notion. It sounds like you love each other very much, which is 95% of the battle. Good luck!
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum