Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Disney fun

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Disney fun

Post by Caswell Designs FP on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:53 pm

I hate to even say how often we have been..........we are complete Disney freaks.
Okay, my husband not as much, he grumbles about going but then always has a blast once we get there!

We took our first trip in 2002, they were doing a Salute to Heroes after 9/11 and we took advantage of that. Had my parents and older brother along with our family, got two rooms at All Star Movies for $50 a night.
We figured it would be a once in a lifetime kind of trip, and as of that time had really only done short camping trips as a family.
We did all four Disney parks and the two Universal parks in six days and were exhausted!

One of my favorite memories from that trip was eating at Mickey's Ice Cream Social (they no longer do this).
The characters were so wonderful with our kids, so playful and attentive, the restaurant was largely empty so they spent extra time with our two. At the end of our meal, Mickey himself took our 2yr old daughter by the hand, our 8 yr old son on his other side and slowly walked them out of the restaurant. Then knelt down to hug them, and signed "I Love You" to the kids. That hooked me in completely.

We completely fell in love with Walt Disney World! So much so, we went from only doing an occasional camping trip to buying into the Disney Vacation Club.
Our reasoning....it would force us to take vacations. And it worked! DH is a workaholic, in the Army, and it has really helped him to take much needed breaks. We use it to take family, so it also works as a family reunion for us.

Anyways, I love talking all things Disney and can point anyone interested to some great Disney forums.

We just did our first Disneyland trip in July 2012 and had a blast with my brother in-laws and our son's girlfriend along for the ride.

I have some videos from trips on youtube, I admit I am not the best video editor though. But I love watching them and reliving moments.
Caswell Designs FP

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://www.caswellfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 pm

I think one reason Disneyland/world/parks are such happy places are because people go there expecting to be happy.

The cast members are paid to be happy (even if they don't want to be), the parks are clean, well lighted, and interesting.

Plus when you figure how much you pay you might as well make the most of it and enjoy yourself!

QUESION: Stay on site (in a disney hotel) or rent a house?
there are 2 adults & two kids with me and 2 adults and 4 kids with my sister--

amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowdrawing on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Really? I'm the ONLY one that didn't have a good time at Disney?

I went once when I was too small to remember it, but we took my son on a one day trip when he was seven (my father lives in Punta Gorda FL). I booked a one night stay in a Disney hotel. Woke up at 2AM and the power was out all through the hotel complex. I called the operator and they said they were doing a once a year emergency test and the power would be turned back on shortly. You would think they would tell you about it when you are checking in...because no one's alarm clocks worked in the morning. So everyone was LATE.

Then we purchased one day passes for the Magic Kingdom at the hotel. We get to the gate and we see all these signs up about the park closing at 5 PM. WHAT? The hotel did not say anything about the park closing early! We arrived on the first day of their halloween celebration (the end of September) and they were closing the park at 5 PM for trick or treating and to stay in the park would be an extra $30 a person. affraid To top it off, we had scheduled three months prior to our trip a character dining experience in the Magic Kingdom for 6 PM...but we were going to be kicked out at 5!!!
Needless to say I was LIVID. I went to the customer service center and they gave us the $30 passes to stay after 5 PM and told us to go to the restuarant at 5 instead of 6. We sat outside the restaurant for 1 1/2 hours...apparently they told everyone else with reservations to do the same thing. Mad
Did I also mention that it down poured twice that day and we were drenched both times. It rained out the parade and the fireworks at the castle as well.

Do I want to go back. Silly me, yes I do. But it dang well better end up better than the last time. Sad
shadowdrawing

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2012-08-19

http://www.shadowdrawing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caswell Designs FP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Amylady,

If you are on a tight budget I would recommend renting a house OR renting a timeshare from an owner. There are tons of places around the web where you can do so. For WDW in Florida, Bonnet Creek is a great resort, smack in the middle of Disney property, though not owned by Disney so you don't get Disney Perks.
You can also rent from Disney vacation Club owners like myself, usually for about half of what Disney would charge and you would get the perks of staying on Disney property.

In CA for Disneyland, I don't know as much but do know there are some timeshare resorts in the area, and you can rent from owners.

try searching out disboards, allearsnet, and mouseowners for tons of info.

Shadowdrawing, that just sounds like the trip from hell with everything that could go wrong, going wrong.
We've had snafus, but never a trip where we thought "this sucks, never going back."
Caswell Designs FP

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://www.caswellfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top