Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Even MORE to my aggravating story....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Even MORE to my aggravating story....

Post by TinafromNY on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:46 pm

so if you read my other email before this... the "OMG, Aggravated..."

I just got the disclaimers. Here's easy language for the legalese they expected me to sign. In black & white...not only am I going to be responsible for anything I do wrong (which is fine with me and fair), it states that I also "hold the parish harmless for any claims that THEIR negligence or THEIR employees negligence causes in the way of lawsuits". Can you believe this? Not only that, but on the second disclaimer that I have to sign, it now says "a MINIMUM of $5,000,000 insurance", which I don't have (I have $1,000,000), so if I sign it, I'm lying. PLUS...it now also states, that not only they want 3 different additional insured on my liabilility insurance (which I'm looking into now), they ALSO want me to name THEM as an additional insured on MY CAR INSURANCE policy!!!!! I just called them and said NO way, I can't sign these. I'll be responsible for what I do, but not what YOU and YOUR employees do and I'm not naming anyone else on my CAR insurance, I never heard of such a thing because I'm parking my car there after unloading it. I told them I'm responsible and dependable, but I never saw such restrictions and rules and I can't sign these disclaimers and would be happy to refund their deposit, that I was sorry. The woman in charge was upset, but not at me...she thought it was ridiculous too, she said she "never read" the disclaimers before and understands why I won't sign them and thought it was ridiculous that they want to be on my car insurance. She said don't send the deposit back yet until she talks to some people. Do you believe this? Iw as going to hand out my flyers at schools next week, but this has really soured me on doing THAT!!!!
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Even MORE to my aggravating story....

Post by Lady Jayde on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Don't let the occassional loon knock you off course. They are really really pushing the limits of sanity now! I applaud you on standing your ground and refusing.
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Not a chance.
Personally I would never insure another individual under any policy on myself. If I screw up it is on me. If they do it that is on them. They can carry their own insurance. I read your other post. I would not have gone as far to begin with but now they wouldn't pay me enough.. Just goes to show how much people don't get it.

lady jynx

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm glad you stood up to them and that it is working out.

I have to comment on adding additional insured to your liability insurance... why would you have to add three? When I have done events I only add the EVENT not individuals... I would not cover individual people, no way.

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:16 am

And if it doesn't get tru, I wouldn't be worried about, if the town is 70 miles away that means you will have to charge around $60 dollars on travel fees, and 2 hours driving time for birthday parties, even rich moms like bergains so it will be better for you to focus on get gigs close to your area.
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:27 am

I had to supply a copy of my car insurance policy to Bass Pro Shops. My business liability insurance guy said it's pretty common for large companies or organizations to ask for the stuff Bass Pro asked for from an outside vendor.

However, Bass Pro paid me quite well and just called me yesterday for a Christmas Kick-Off gig in November, not to mention they want me to be there in December, too. You, on the other hand, are getting jack diddly from this gig and should bow out gracefully...

Just my two cents....
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks Everyone.

Shannon - to answer your question, they wanted one coverage for the actual catholic school, then they wanted one for the "Archdiosis of NY", then they wanted one for "His Eminence"..with his name. I even said to them, WHY should I cover an individual in the church, no matter WHO he is? Anyway, now they say I don't have to do it (I wasn't going to anyway). Besides, it's a big Catholic church and school..I'm sure they PLENTY of insurance, so why would I have signed a disclaimer that also said I'd be responsible for THEIR negligence also? And I told them that...the whole thing was insane!!!
ArtyFAces - you're right, the rich moms might even try to get me down on price too!
Miss Ronnie...although I thought it was unnecessary - because as someone said on my other post, they certainly aren't requiring proof of car insurance for any parishioner or parent driving onto the property - I was ready to give them a copy of my car insurance, but NO WAY I was going to be adding names to my policy for a little face painting party! That was just NUTSO!!!
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 am

I'll be honest. With all the hurdles you had to jump, I'd have dropped it like a hot potato. But it sounds like they have decided to be reasonable.
All in all, there may be affluent mommies at this event, but they will still be 70 miles and a toll away. I wouldn't want to generate spin off business so far away from my own area.
I did a festival for a city about that far away, and didn't even set out business cards. When someone asked me for one, I gave it to them, telling them that I wasn't local, but I would be happy to give it to them.
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top