Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

When the gig may be too big for just you to handle...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When the gig may be too big for just you to handle...

Post by aussiemarie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:31 pm

How do face painters handle having a "second" or assistant join them in a face paint gig as far as paying them? If I have landed the job and based on number of children expected to be painted (40) in two hours...how much would you pay an assistant to come in and help? Is it 50/50 even even though you got the gig? What if they use your paints? what if they bring thier own?
I have a gig on the table and explained to host that in order to do so many children in 2 hours the designs will have to be simple and quick but as this is a private party I am now getting worried that the children will have higher expectations. I dont want to disappoint them or go way over time. My question is whether to bring in a second painter...they have paints but I have no idea what they would want in payment. Do you ask them thier price or just make an offer, take it or leave it?
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: When the gig may be too big for just you to handle...

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 pm

For only 40 I would tell them they would need to pay for extra time if necessary if they want everyone painted.

I can do 40 fast faces in that amount of time, more or less, from my Fast Faces display. With split cakes you can do a lot of really nice fast designs that will thrill the kids.

I really don't consider that number one that would indicate another painter is required. If you quoted your rate for two hours, and THEY want an additional painter then they should get their full rate for two hours. But I honestly think two painters for two hours for only 40 faces is overkill.

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Shannon is right. You should be able to do it with fast designs, or maybe another 30 minutes.
When I have a second painter, I add her rate to mine and submit that number to the client. I don't personally hire her as an "employee". I take payment from the client and turn over my second painter's share.
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:11 am

Thank Shannon and Diane! I do have split cakes and most kids tend toward the princess crown or butterfly which can be quick...also little kitty or puppy. As I dont have photos/picutures for display I will just type out a list. I will try this challenge and enlist support of a guest parent to tell the kids, simple only so that everyone gets painted.
My rate is pretty low....but I feel it is fair to our area and my skill.
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gisrus on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:33 pm

What might help with getting through the line of kids quickly is to number everyone on the back of the hand. That way they don't have to wait in line for their turn, they can go off and play. You might find that not all 40 kids want to be painted and you can also find out if more than 40 kids are there.

Keep the first 2 or 3 with you, once the first one has been painted send the kid off to get the third/fourth kid, as so on. This should help keep the line moving quickly.

sunny

Gisrus

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-07-26

http://www.facepainting-ireland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum