Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

love this forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

love this forum

Post by prayerkat on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 am

thanks everyone here, I been coming in reading when I can,,, and adjusting things for my new favorite thing to do, I got lucky and had an awesome 6 weekends at the orchards near by who have vendors on their farms during apple season, I did very well financially and got my speed up on my painting, now I am hooked and am hungrily looking for the next place to paint at. whats a good thing to look for through the next two months as far as holiday painting? would love to be inside if possible, its cold and yukkie this time of year in WA. anyhow.. I have learned alot from you folks and appreciate you alot... also appreciate how fast the forum shop is at shipping out my orders!! great customer service!! thanks again!

prayerkat

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-09-13

http://www.trueimagery.com

Back to top Go down

Re: love this forum

Post by fesspenter on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:25 am

Dear prayerkat:
Create business cards.
Create a website.
You can Google local festivals to apply as a vendor.
I walk around with my face painted to do grocery shopping & errands.
Our family occasionally goes UV bowling and I paint us all up with BlackLight reactive face paint.
I put up my business cards at local coffee shops, grocery stores, drop-in centers.

I began painting as a volunteer at SickKids Hospital on October 31st, 1998. I began to work as a face painter three years ago. When I decided to make this my business, I worked an estimated 20 hours a week marketing, creating signage, business cards, emailing, etc. it has taken a long time. It started out very very slow. I get busier every year. Every bit of the money I brought in at the beginning went back into my kit.
There are a lot of different approaches to getting more work. The BEST thing I did was PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Teardrops from thick to thin, and thin to thick, from left to right and right to left. I am always practicing and striving to get better.
I am learning so much from the amazing, talented, generous artists on this Forum.
Happy Painting
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerkat on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:44 am

thanks Lisa. great advice, I do have cards and a webpage,,,, added to my art website,, will revamp that now that I have some photos of my work, and volunteering at the private preschools is next on my list, plus a few local events, yes, my daughter seems to want painted daily so I practice alot, once the office is put back together here I will have more time to practice too, we are in the middle of a low budget remodel,,,,, hehe, anyhow,,,, thanks again yes I am learning alot here!!

prayerkat

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-09-13

http://www.trueimagery.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top