Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Just fell in love with face painting! Need any advise and direction please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just fell in love with face painting! Need any advise and direction please.

Post by cutzcrazzy on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm

I was asked to help with an Open House my martial arts school was having last weekend. So I thought of face painting since I use to draw and paint. My friend Annie also helped me in this job since she is artsy too. We both already had some brushes so we ordered some face paints. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on how to paint different things. I know I always like to get my face painted so I wanted to make sure I did a good job. Anyways, it was a hit! People were asking us if this was what we did for a living and said we did great work. We both loved it! All the happy kids made us feel great. So now we thought why not start a business? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

cutzcrazzy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Just fell in love with face painting! Need any advise and direction please.

Post by amylady222 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 pm

cutzcrazzy--with back ground exeperience in painting--you might be a natural--

the first thing I suggest is going to the facepaintforumshop--there is a rainbow colored box at the top of this page which will take you there--

get a wolfe black and small pallet--practice with these till you feel comfortable--then order more paints-

you can buy brushes at craft stores (don't use brushes for anything but face paints one you get them)--or from the forum shop. it is easy to spend hundreds (thousands) getting your kit set up.

Once you have "marketable faces" make business cards/flyers and start handing/mailing them out. mail to schools, churches, city counsils, mayors, town boards, boys & Girls club, YMCA, day cares, businesses that have corporate events--and anywhere else you can think of.

read all you can on this forum and have fun. PS: check out the new to facepainting section first--it will be most helpful!
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by cutzcrazzy on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Thank you Amy. I am still trying to find my way around here. Not that great with computers. I will check it out. My son is going have so many painted faces! lol. Practice practice.

cutzcrazzy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 pm

yeah--when I first started out--3 months ago I read everything about paints and brushes--then the complants--then just read all I could--this is a great site! have fun!
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fezinafelina on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 am

Insurance! Even if you don't ever have an incident it will come in handy to be insured when it comes to doing events on commercial property and it gives you credibility. People just feel better if they are hiring a "legit" professional ;0)
Other than that I would say work on getting the time it takes to paint down as fast as possible without sacrificing the quality of your art and do a few free events to get your names out there (I like to paint at my children's schools or for the boys and girls club once in a while to drum up business)
Good luck!

fezinafelina

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbyfelina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top