Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

My favorite sponge

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by mamakatrien on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:48 pm

the green wwf sponges are without the doubt my favourite! They are much softer then the pink ones.
avatar
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Age : 45
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 pm

The green FWW sponges are wonderful, tack sponges are great and cheaper. Those two are pretty stain proof with proper washing.

I stick with cheap though... paying $1 sponge just is not possible for me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by Stacia on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am

I have about 100 green FWW sponges that I trim to a rounded edge....I LOVE 'em, but occasionally I have a sponge blow out and have to toss one here and there. I used to use the Snazaroo ones (the ones they sell at Michael's), but once I tried the green ones I never went back.
avatar
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Age : 38
Location : Boise, Idaho
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by FaceNice on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Stacia wrote:I have about 100 green FWW sponges that I trim to a rounded edge....I LOVE 'em, but occasionally I have a sponge blow out and have to toss one here and there. I used to use the Snazaroo ones (the ones they sell at Michael's), but once I tried the green ones I never went back.

100, that's crazy. I have around 20-30, but 100 seems to much, but that's ok :-) Laughing
avatar
FaceNice

Number of posts : 4
Age : 32
Location : Denver
Registration date : 2012-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by Stacia on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't think it's crazy, I think it's about average. When you paint for 10-12 hours straight at a PPF event and you use clean ones for each kid, you need lots of sponges.
avatar
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Age : 38
Location : Boise, Idaho
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by kingsmeadmama on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Did you know that in Canada Michaels charges 9.99 for that two pack??? What a joke! It makes me so mad to see that there is such a HUGE difference in price accross the border!!
avatar
kingsmeadmama

Number of posts : 351
Location : Ontario, Canada
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by JennyNixe on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:15 pm

kingsmeadmama - Christina wrote:Did you know that in Canada Michaels charges 9.99 for that two pack??? What a joke! It makes me so mad to see that there is such a HUGE difference in price accross the border!!
THAT is appalling! I wish I lived close to the Canada border -- I'd host a jam with shopping trip every month and people could have their orders sent to my house to pick up.

Unfortunately, I live in Oklahoma, a place no one wants to go.
avatar
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Location : Tulsa, Oklahoma
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by shadnee on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 pm

JennyNixe wrote:
kingsmeadmama - Christina wrote:Did you know that in Canada Michaels charges 9.99 for that two pack??? What a joke! It makes me so mad to see that there is such a HUGE difference in price accross the border!!
THAT is appalling! I wish I lived close to the Canada border -- I'd host a jam with shopping trip every month and people could have their orders sent to my house to pick up.

Unfortunately, I live in Oklahoma, a place no one wants to go.

Finally, I found another painter in OK! If you're ever in the OKC/Moore/Norman area give me a holler and we can have a mini JAM.
avatar
shadnee

Number of posts : 107
Age : 27
Location : Moore, Oklahoma
Registration date : 2012-03-27

http://facebook.com/facepaintfun

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by JennyNixe on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Shadnee, that would be totally awesome! I'm in Tulsa, but I wouldn't mind to make the trip. Or, if you were feeling adventurous, we could see if the McDonalds on the turnpike would let us set up some Saturday morning.
avatar
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Location : Tulsa, Oklahoma
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by shadnee on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Definately, I'm more than happy to meet somewhere! It'll probably have to wait until after Christmas though, I'll be working every Saturday until the middle of January. But I'll private message you when I start getting free Saturdays again.
avatar
shadnee

Number of posts : 107
Age : 27
Location : Moore, Oklahoma
Registration date : 2012-03-27

http://facebook.com/facepaintfun

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by JennyNixe on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 am

Cool! I'm very excited!
avatar
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Location : Tulsa, Oklahoma
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite sponge

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum