Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Basketball belly?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basketball belly?

Post by Rebons on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm going to be painting a friend's belly, she and the dad are jocks and want the basketball belly picture. Any advice? I usually practice on my legs, but my thighs are not quite as round as a pregnant belly! Wink I'm so nervous!
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Basketball belly?

Post by Gretchen on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I'd just do her entire belly as a basketball! Do a Google image search for "basketball belly painting" and you'll see lots of them. Makes for some cute photos if the mom wears an athletic outfit and pretends to be holding a ball. If they are both jocks maybe she can be handing the ball off to the dad. One thing that might be cool to add a little more detail would be to use a BAM stencil #2031 or #2035 that has the little dots, since a basketball has sortof a raised dot texture. You could paint the basic orange base, then use the stencil with a slightly lighter orange for highlights and slightly darker orange on the shadows. OR, blend a shaded ball first and then do the dots in a solid orange over the top. I bet it would make for a cool 3D textured look! Otherwise, with bellies in general, I would have her stand while you trace out the lines that run across the ball, then have her sit down while you paint. Then when she stands for the finished photo it won't look all stretched out. The belly really scrunches up when you sit! Good luck and have fun...I'm totally jealous, I'd paint bellies every day if I could!!
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm

I made a B-Ball heart recently...
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CreateFaces on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Also, you can't see the detail that well, but I used a stipple sponge with brown to give the "dimpled" b-ball effect, she was really happy with it! Never thought b-ball would be such a challenge, but it was!
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mamilala2004 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 am

@ Gretchen...that's a cute idea...@ createfaces I love your painting it is so cute....Do you use alot of paints when you paint the bellies?
mamilala2004

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top