Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Pacific Northwest Storms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pacific Northwest Storms

Post by Valerie A on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Wondering how Leilani, Doe, LadyJinx and others in the Seattle area are doing.
Rained here (by Eugene Oregon) horribly last night, but I heard there is flooding up north in their area.
Take care everyone!
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Pacific Northwest Storms

Post by Doe on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 pm

It's CRAZY! I didn't realize it was making the news everywhere. LOL There is a ton of flooding - luckily none at our place, but, we are near the crest of a hill. A lot of the major roadways are covered completely.
Doe

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://www.doearts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes, I heard it on the national news this morning.
Glad you are ok there, Doe! There ARE some advantages to living on a hill (except when your car gets a mind of its own and attacks your neighbors house Wink )
Our property is on a river, and last night, hearing all that rain pouring down I was beginning to wonder what we'd wake up to! Our house was surrounded on 3 sides by water in 1996 and that was pretty scary. But it looks ok here for now...even see the sun peeping out now and then.
Take care!
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 pm

We have a lake down the road and a river (the Pilchuck?) running behind us but the house is located at the true cresting top of a decent enough hill that we are safe. As long as it doesn't snow. Then we can't go down the road without risking ending up in the lake. I do have to admit to being surprised that we haven't lost power though. We ALWAYS loose power and for long periods, Last year we were snowed in with out power for over 2 weeks and nobody could get in or out.
lady jynx

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm

It is crazy around though. My friend's sliding door was leaking into her living room by 7 last night
lady jynx

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Ugh! two weeks without power! plus 'trapped' in! that would be awful. Hard to imagine what those in the East have been thru.
I'm surprised about the power staying on. The wind was horrible here Monday, limbs all over the place, but the lights only flickered once.
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top