Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Looking for a place to buy paint in NY state

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for a place to buy paint in NY state

Post by JoyDetlor on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 am

Hi There!
I'm a new face painter, I have my first 'gig' coming up in a week and a half and the paint I ordered online seems to be stuck at the border, so I'm in a bit of a quandry.

I'm Canadian and although there are online places in Canada to buy paint the shipping cost is almost as high as those in the states. The cost of the paint though is about half again as high as the suppliers in the US, so I was hoping that I could buy some paint in the States before the party just to make sure I have enough.

I will crossing the border at Cornwall, heading through NY state by Ogdensburg and Messena and ending up in Vermont. Does anyone know of a paint supplier along that route? We have Micheal's here in Canada and they only sell small kits of snazaroo (which is the first thing I bought and I find the colours very limiting) and tulip kits that seem to be mostly glitter.

I was hoping to find some paradise or diamond FX, some arty cakes or split cakes.

Help please!

Joy
JoyDetlor

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a place to buy paint in NY state

Post by fesspenter on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 am

Dear JoyDetlor:
Where in Canada do you live?
I have ordered from the FacePaintForumShop, and I do have some stock. If I have something you have already ordered, and are waiting for it... I can loan you some, and have you replace it when your new stock comes in.
I live in Toronto.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:51 am

JoyDetlor... I'm from northern NY and I highly doubt there is anywhere up there to buy anything.

In fact, I don't know of any place other than a local costume shop here in the Syracuse area that sometimes has a Paradise palette and some very limited Mehron stuff

Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Are you visiting friends somewhere on the trip? Maybe you could order from the forum shop and have it sent to them and pick it up there. Metina ships it out really quickly and it usually gets to me, all the way across the US, in 4 days. Don't if you are leaving today...tomorrow...weekend? but it's just a thought. Very Happy
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JoyDetlor on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 am

I am going to Vermont for a romantic overnight, so I was hoping to get something along the way...thanks Rhonda for letting me know...I have been hunting online with no results and I wasn't sure if it was just that I hadn't hit the right site yet. My route takes me through Montreal, maybe I can find some there on my way instead.

Thanks Lisa for the generous offer...I really appreciate it. I received a tracking whatsis from Canada Post that says my order is now in Canada and has been processed. I am hoping that is a good sign and it arrives in the next day or two.

Wish me luck and thanks again for the help!
JoyDetlor

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 am

GOOD LUCK!!
Um...
With Canada Post.
Not
With your Romantic Interlude.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have an all-around wonderful trip!
anniel

Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top