Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Sponge rollers -- Holy Cow!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sponge rollers -- Holy Cow!

Post by Lady Jayde on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:02 am

You're preaching to the choir Jlirie. I've been in this game for 9 years and I've already culled my customer herd. That doesn't make the sting of what's happening any less discussion worthy. The biggest issue is that the corporate arena is opening back up out here and it will slam shut lickety split as soon as a liability issue comes on board. Sadly it's bound to happen in this economical climate with businesses trying to get more bang for their buck. Here the cheap painters are either the sort to use the right products but with a limited design arsenal ( or a lot of borrowed pics) or they are using craft paints.

My prime demographic is corporate level clients, so yes I'm concerned when a sports team opts for a cheap acrylic painter who lies about being insured.

What I don't wary about is artistic talent. I'm my own competition and I'm in a guild chocked full of talented painters. We all rely on each other to give face painting here a face lift.
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:49 pm

oh, i see your point about the sports events, that would be a large and visible example of things going wrong.
jlirie

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Holy cow Lady Jayde, we have pretty much the exact same lines! lol Razz I also try to turn them off my paints by pointing out the expense of just one rainbow cake lol.

I'll tell inquisitive parents where to get safe paints and glitter, but that's where my advice stops. Nothing bugs me more then seeing a volunteer tent use poster paint on people. Another thing I say about my paints is "it's not so much 'paint' but makeup you can paint with." Once I say it's all makeup, I usually don't have to go into the list of hypoallergenic, FDA approved, blah blah blah, stuff no one really listens too that takes too long to say. Instead "It's not paint, it's makeup." Very Happy

I make it a point to complain my butt off when ever I see poster paint being used on the public.
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top