Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

TAG Pearl Purple

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TAG Pearl Purple

Post by CottonKandyClown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 am

Ok, some of you probably have seen that I've been looking for some new purples to try out. I've been looking for a pearl or metallic purple for a while now. I loved DFK metallix purple, but because of their past customer service issues/recall, I prefer not buying their products if I don't have to.

Well, I just purchased a few purples. I used the TAG pearl purple this past weekend(two parties in one day). It was soooo pretty! It was just a bit lighter then the DFX, but I was soon falling in love. That night, I came home and washed my face like any typical face painter coming home from gigs. I wiped it off, only to see a dark pink obvious outline! I'm talking, obvious from acrossed the room. affraid I stuck my face into the living room to show my husband. At that point, I wasn't worried because teal does this to me, but washes off with one or two more washes. I tried lotion twice and washed it like 6 times that night over the course of two hours. It was still there!

The next morning, I had to get ready for church. I washed two more times and you could still see a faint outline. I did some serious concealer to cover it up clown My family said, you couldn't see it, but I could tell it was there tongue

I wish I took a pic to show you all! I'm just glad I didn't use it on a kid that day! Embarassed Now, I need to figure out what to do with it geek Maybe I'll give it another try, but I might have to wear a bag over my head lol!
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: TAG Pearl Purple

Post by MeeMee on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 pm

I was so disappointed when I got my Tag paint because so many of them stained. Then I saw that soap commercial with the body paints and how they washed off so easily. Researched the making of the video and discovered that if you take liquid soap (especially dawn dish detergent). Do not mix it with water just massage it with your fingertips into the paint that is stained on your face. Then take a damp cloth and wipe off. That's my removal instructions on the back of my cards. If you have special paint that you practice with you can put liquid soap in the dip water and the paint comes off much easier, too.
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willoughby on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 pm

CKC, I know exactly what you mean and I feel for you! I painted a 'Zwarte Piet' with a TAG Metallic Purple suit on my little girl on Saturday.... I still can't get the leftovers off. It's terrible Sad Lovely color indeed, but I'm so not happy about the staining. It was just as you say, very pink indeed. Not very chuffed I'm afraid.... will have to see what the other purples are like. I have the DFX Metallic Violet, though I've not used it extensively on a large surface yet. Do you know if that will stain too?

Willoughby

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm

The DFX isn't too bad at all for staining me. I've used mine almost completely up and was looking for a replacement Sad

I also purchased Wild Orchid to try out, but it's not a pearl or metallic.
CottonKandyClown

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Have you tried oil-free eye makeup remover? I use equate (walmart brand that is generic for the neutrogena/almay) and it always takes off the extra color after I've washed.
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 pm

I have exactly the same issue with Tag pearl purple (and green) it stains me more than any other colour. One of my daughters stains but it dosent stain my son or my eldest daughter. For me it dose not matter if I put metalic white underneath those colours still gets me every time - but lilac and lime don't stain me just the darker colours.

I got a Fab purple shimmer it is very light i think its closer to Tag lilac than there purple honestly. But there colours are not staining me or my kids and it is very pretty. I only have 25 mainly pinks, as I wanted colours I would use up fast in case I did not like it - lol. but I am going to get more eventually just because I am really having no stain issues from Fab so far. But fab is in my small party kit so not with me all the time. but if fab make a dark metalic Purple I will so get that.

If I do use Tag pearl purple from my events kit (which is Tag/paradise mainly), I warn the parents that this might stain. I have it split with pearl lilac and coat the area first with that. then go in with the purple. but it is a colour I wont rebuy myself when its gone.

elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:46 am

Gina, Neuttrogena breaks me out(it's funny that it's usually for those sensitive skins and acne). I get tiny bumps all over my chin! It took me a week to figure it out, too!

I'll have to try FAB purples. I do love most of the colors I have. My magenta color does stain a bit, but it's not crazy. Do you think the Royale is a dark enough color? Still not a shimmery color though.

I'm really looking for something to go on the outside of my butterflies like Lynne does Wink Line work preferably Smile

Isn't it funny how one color will stain you, but not your kids? My daughter can't wear metallic yellow, it stains her for days! LOL My son can wear just about any color! It washes right off every time!
CottonKandyClown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top