Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

New Case for My Birthday....introducing Big Bertha..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Case for My Birthday....introducing Big Bertha..

Post by Jobena1 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Ok So I have a FAT MAx which I absolutely love....but it got super heavy when loaded with all my gear...and really is a pain to load in my trunk since it has to lay flat on its back....I also have the scrapbook case (right side of pic) that comes from Michaels...standard case used mostly for my Glitter tattoos and my Henna kit...11y/r old daughter is in charge..nice and light weight(I think Lisa Joy Young did a youtube review on this very case) My sister gave the new huge one (left side of pic) for my birthday last week. I always wanted to get another case for simple face painting parties and not drag "Max" up the stairs, down the stairs...ok you get my point...I also have tried to get my "absolutely need it all" into the smaller rolling case...nope even tried to downsize. with no luck.sooooo...this new gigantic case called Big Bertha (no offense to any Bertha's out there) actually fits all my gear from Max and is half the weight. I will use Max for certain fairs since I can put a lock on him...but I am loving this new Big Bertha...where did she get it from....she hasn't a clue....it has been in her attic wrapped in plastic for 8 years....I just thought I would share...it is a scrapbook case...I will load it up and maybe make a You Tube Video if anyone would be interested (that is if the 11 year old shows me how..hehe)
Jobena1

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-11-26

http://www.fababyjody.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Case for My Birthday....introducing Big Bertha..

Post by Valerie A on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Jobena, looks great. I'm dreading putting my "PudgyMaxine" in my trunk for the first time. affraid I was hoping to get one like Fesspenter's new one (where the top 'box' comes off) but you can't sit and paint with those. I have a 'scrapbook' case I think I will resurrect for stairway gigs. Thanks for the reminder about these.
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm glad to hear all your stuff fit inside. I've been thinking of using one of my coupons to buy one.
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobena1 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:09 pm

I looked at the front of the Big case and it says Creative Memories I think that was a scrapbooking home party..the little one was from Michaels...I got it for like 24.00 after a coupon and a ten dollar gift from the Rewards program...I really am liking that i can fit it all in there...I still have room left over. Oh by the way love your "Tube channel" Jody
Jobena1

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-11-26

http://www.fababyjody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Valerie A wrote:Jobena, looks great. I'm dreading putting my "PudgyMaxine" in my trunk for the first time. affraid I was hoping to get one like Fesspenter's new one (where the top 'box' comes off) but you can't sit and paint with those. I have a 'scrapbook' case I think I will resurrect for stairway gigs. Thanks for the reminder about these.

You'll put your back out if you try to get a loaded fat max out of a trunk! Much easier to heave it up onto your car seat... I always laid mine on its side on the seat when I had my car.

Unless you have major upper body strength....which I know no longer possess.... Sad
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks for the tip Miss Ronnie. I think I will have to go for the backseat also, as a disgruntled former postal worker Wink I think my back will give out if I try to lift that thing into the trunk. I loaded everything up in the 'scrapbook' thingy I have to go to a gig last night. Wheels are toooo small for some of the gravely drives here in Oregon! So I guess I will be keeping my new PudgyMaxine.
I didn't want to get dirt/gravel on my car seat tho scratch maybe lay a blanket down first?
Better yet, maybe I should just borrow my husbands van Suspect
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top