Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Does it make me a sicko if I order $300 worth of face paint when I don't have ANY gigs lined up??

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Does it make me a sicko if I order $300 worth of face paint when I don't have ANY gigs lined up??

Post by Valerie A on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Melinda! yummy order!!! and you are sooooooooo cruel making me drooool like this. Mad
Maybe I should post my order I got this week! see how you like it?!?! lol!
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Does it make me a sicko if I order $300 worth of face paint when I don't have ANY gigs lined up??

Post by MelindaT0813 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:33 pm

I love the smell of packing peanuts....
and bubble wrap? Makes me all paint drooly.
MelindaT0813

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2011-03-16

http://www.mindyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ninaschau on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 pm

yes Valerie, post it!
I just got a brush easel and a brush bath and some brushes, my paints are coming next week, I hope squeeel
ninaschau

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2012-08-03

http://www.fantasyfacebyNina,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 am

Here they are! On Wednesday I wasn't even thinking about my order when I came in and saw The Box my husband had set on the the kitchen counter with the rest of the mail. (Love those 'little' Priority Mail boxes from Metina! bounce )
I ordered all the pearl TAGs I didn't have (which was most of them) plus 10 green sponges and a couple of other TAG I wanted to try...oh, and a lone LC brush I forgot to photograph.

AND I got to use them last night at a slumber party I did!!

We are really egging each other on here, aren't we, Nina. Embarassed

Welcome all! to the paint-aholic meeting in Metina's supply room!

Last edited by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Angi on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 am

I need that TAG brown rainbow cake! I don't have that.....Sad
Angi

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 am

Nah. Get what you want! That's how I began too (more than $300, though, but in a few separate orders). Be prepared, also, to tweak your kit as you discover new needs (notice I didn't put quotation marks around "needs" - because they WILL be NEEDS Very Happy ). And also be prepared that some stuff will disappoint you and practically never get used.

It is the only way to start. Just like life. You learn and tweak as you go along, which is way better than sitting on the sidelines waiting until everything is perfect. Because it never is!

And yes, if you build it, they will come, as someone said above. As long as you are committed to the non-pretty part of face painting (the pretty part, of course, being the looking for and ordering of a slew of colored paints and glitters; and the non-pretty but equally important part being the marketing and pursuing of work), then having a nice attractive well-stocked kit can actually spur you to get the work, because it's nice knowing that you have a great set-up to offer!

Go for it! Not crazy at all - just bold and decisive and a commitment to your new venture!

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ashovoxo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 am

Valerie where did you get the case? I love how slim it is. And let me know how you like the Tag Skinz! I really want that one for doing mermaids and fairies Smile
ashovoxo

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://fearlessfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 am

ashovoxo wrote:Valerie where did you get the case? I love how slim it is. And let me know how you like the Tag Skinz! I really want that one for doing mermaids and fairies Smile

Valerie...where DID you get the case? Been looking for some like that!!

I need to order some stuff from the shop....drool, drool. What time is the meeting? Very Happy
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ashovoxo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 pm

I know right Sandie? Valerie's pearls are making my Painty Senses tingle lmfaooo I want all the pearls -____- I think ill buy the 50 g splits though just so i can figure out which one's I really love and I can buy less =]
ashovoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by ashovoxo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:28 pm

And I think all of us Paint Hoarders should take a picture of our kits lmao If I compare my kit from last summer to now, I definitely know where all my money has gone lmao I'll try and take a before and after picture =]

Last edited by ashovoxo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo :))
ashovoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Part of mine is on my website home page........only part of it. But I have much less than most on here, I'm sure! Need. To. Buy. More. Laughing
Sandie

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 pm

ashovoxo wrote:And I think all of us Paint Hoarders should take a picture of our kits lmao If I compare my kit from last summer to now, I definitely know where all my money has gone lmao I'll try and take a before and after picture =]

Seriously, last year at this time I owed 3 paintbrushes and a snazaroo 12 color palette hahahha....this is just not right!!! lol It gets worse, I keep seeing people use the FAB ziva blue shimmer paint and they don't sell it here...so I ended up on another site and ended up with a few more brushes they didn't have here and some more paints eeek!! I gotta stop!
Facepainting by Tina

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://www.tinassugarshack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileyBee Faces on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Just finished check out in the shop. And I hate that for some reason I missed something and I have to make another order..lol
SmileyBee Faces

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2012-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissiemarie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 pm

thank you Valerie , its an old one but still good Very Happy

and
i'm in paint envy for the ones who just got orders
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Post by ninaschau on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:41 pm

thanks Valerie for posting, I love seeing everyones picks, I feel another order coming, and yes, compared to last year, I started with 7 snazaroo pots, and 4 brushes, 4 sponges, now, well, lets just say im outgrowing my box,,hehe
love this meeting/thread
Nina
ninaschau

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:45 pm

I got the 'cases' at the Container store...someone else on the forum said they got them there and so I went! They are great. Because I wanted to be able to take the lids off the ones I use at a gig and leave them off (so I can let the cakes dry when I get home) I did have to put a bit of bubble wrap under the paints to keep them sliding over the top of others that are open when I pack up for the day. (Hope that makes sense.)
Here's the link on the forum where I posted pictures (about 3/4 of the way down the page I put pictures of the box with the Container Store label still on it) if you want to see:
http://www.facepaintforum.com/t13153p75-show-and-tell-2-another-free-for-all#187869
I really love them! They fit nicely in the bottom of "PudgyMaxine" (FatMax) too!
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm

YES! we should post a "Before" and "After (addiction)" geek kit pictures!!! Laughing
I am going to start a thread under "Face Painting Kit" where we can do that, so pleeease SHARE if you've got the pics! bounce
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Valerie...found the case at the container store online....now, how sturdy are they? Will they hold up?
Sandie

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Sandie, Hmmm...well I've only 'taken them out' twice. I think they are fine...especially since they are only $3.99 each (and Oregon doesn't have sales tax Wink ) I don't see them falling apart quickly; they are not brittle plastic but that more 'flexible' kind (if that makes sense.)
When I use them I lay them out with my paint in them and put other colors in the lid section. Helps keep individual pots from sliding off the table. They are just so handy. I know that isn't what you are asking tho...Maybe you could try just one first...but if you have to pay shipping for more than one order that will be a pain.
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Facepainting by Tina on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:31 pm

oh yeah, I also placed an order from the container store for 2 of the $3.99 project cases, and also for a bunch of those little mini rectangle containers (so I can make my one strokes) I saw in the reviews on them that someone said they were a facepainter and that the containers were perfect for one strokes!

edited to say: Oh, and they had these cases that look JUST like the art bin brush boxes, for only $2.99, so I got 2 of those too and I will be gluing in my own foam pieces to hold the brushes!! Those art bin boxes are like $20 a piece!
Facepainting by Tina

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2012-09-12

http://www.tinassugarshack.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:36 pm

Dear Tina,

Yes. Yes, it does. It makes you a sicko. But you're in good company.

My name is Kammy, and I'm a face painting addict.

Love,

Me xx
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ninaschau on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 pm

great, now Imoff to the container store, what are the cases called, or who makes them?
ninaschau

Back to top Go down

Post by ninaschau on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:42 pm

found them, great, just what Ive been looking for, some organizing
ninaschau

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Here's a picture for those who can't find it on the link I gave.

Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Tina, what are you going to glue the foam down with? I was going to try that but didn't know what would hold it down with repeated "tugging" out the brushes.
I ended up buying an Art Bin brush thing affraid ...but I've got so many brushes they are layered in there 3 deep Laughing so I'd like to try making the next one.
And while I'm asking...what did you glue the elastic down with on the bamboo brush holder you made????

Last edited by Valerie A on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top