Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello from the UK :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from the UK :-)

Post by sar73 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 am

Hi, I am from the UK and have only just recently started face painting, as I was thinking of hiring a facepainter for my daughters 5th Birthday in April and after seeing how much one is to hire I decided to give it ago myself!!
I have been practicing on my daughter but as I have only had my new paints for a couple of days I only have a couple of attempts but am already pleased with my progress!! I did have some cheap ones which I used a couple of times but found they was so awful I have said my daughter can use them on her dolls!
I am hoping to learn new tips and easy faces in time for April to hopefully paint up to 30 children in 2 hours!!

sar73

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from the UK :-)

Post by fesspenter on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Welcome to the Forum sar73!

Sponge techniques with one stroke bases speeds up my face painting.
Speed comes with practice.
It is better to do quality work well,
than poor work fast.

Practice, practice, practice.
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by sar73 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi fesspenter thank you for your message!

I am looking into rainbow cakes to speed up multicoloured 'bulks' and also small cheek pictures so that the quality isnt compromised as I'd rather a small pretty ladybird on the cheek for example than a messy complete face badly done!
I am already practising on my daughter and have 3 1/2 months till her birthday so plenty of time to practice!

I am going to put an album on so that I/you can see the difference in my attemps from day one and also the difference in quality face paints and also I am hoping it will help me see how bad/good I am at different things!! ;-)

sar73

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Welcome sar73!
A lot of us newbies post pictures over in the "New to Face Painting" section to start with, then branch out from there. There is a "Show and Tell #1" and a "Show and Tell #2" and Newbie Challenges that you might like to look at and join in, love to have you! Very Happy
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sar73 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Ooooo that sounds good Valerie thank you, I'll have to go and have a look!! Very Happy

sar73

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome! Very Happy
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by martha on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Welcome to the forum. I think that with some practice you may find that it is much easier and faster to do an eye design, mask, or even full face as opposed to cheek art. That is my experience anyway. Again, welcome.
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by sar73 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank you I am hoping to get lots of ideas from here and online of things to do and so far love the amount of tutorials there are Very Happy One thing is for sure as you ladies have already said Practice practice and more practice!!

sar73

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 am

Welcome Sar73!!
Your story sounds pretty much like mine. She was going to be 7 at that time and so happy to be painted, now she is going to be 9 and run when i take my brushes out! Very Happy i kept painting anyway i love it so much.
i have watch a lot of you tube. There are really good video there. I like Lisa Joy Young very much and MimicksTV her name is Ashlea and is from England she sound so sweet. You can even find Jay Bautista when you feel ready for a change.
Enjoy your painting! cheers
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sar73 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Thank you PaolaSunglow I've seen some of her stuff shes good! And at some point Iwill have a look at Jay Bautista thank you for the tips!

sar73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum