Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

New to face painting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to face painting

Post by StormyEmbers on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi all,
I have always face painted my children and their friends, at their school events, some birthdays but have never charged anyone for my services. Now I am considering setting up to do face painting and airbrush tattoos in our very rural town. It becomes a tourist town in the summer. My question, is it a must that I become a member of the CAFABA right away? and if I don't should I get some sort of I am not liable permission slips made up, that they sign? To some this may be silly questions but I am just unsure of how the whole thing works, charging for something I used to do for just the smiles.
If I could get any suggestions or advice in this area it would be fantastic!

StormyEmbers

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: New to face painting

Post by kingsmeadmama on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:02 am

I don't think that membership is essential when starting out. I hadn't even heard of the association until your post. I'm guessing the public hasn't heard of them either and thus, wouldn't be asking about it.

As far as insurance goes, it's always a good idea when you are working with the public. Many fairs, and public venues will require it. Your home insurance may be able to tack your face painting insurance on to your current policy, if not, they may be able to direct you to another company that will offer you business insurance.
kingsmeadmama

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 am

Dear StormyEmbers:
If you are face painting the public at events, festivals or fairs, they may require you to show your insurance certificate, or submit it before you can paint. The CNE required insurance for me and my team of apprentices, each named individually.
I do get Model Release Forms signed before I take a picture, in order to post them on my website.
Toronto Clown Alley has affordable event insurance for a year, from October to October. CAFABA has insurance for a year from May to May. It depends upon what you are looking for in coverage.
Which town are you from?

fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelley Bellefontaine on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Where are you from?I am a board member of cafaba and can answer questions
Shelley Bellefontaine

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-05-05