Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Just want to say how great this forum is...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just want to say how great this forum is...

Post by mslalahoney on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:49 am

I work in education, currently, I am an assistant principal. I find that as a career, teachers are really isolated and often times by choice, don't talk to each other about their successes or failures. Here, you guys dish it all... It could be a question about product, or practice, or a grip about something and a call for advice, someone (many ones) will take the time out and respond with great advice, or even a silly story that makes me smile. I wish this type of collaboration happened in all professions, because here it seems that there are lots of people who want to see us all get better. Just an early morning rave.

Thank you all,

Renee I love you
mslalahoney

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-05-22

http://facepaintingbyrenee.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Just want to say how great this forum is...

Post by fesspenter on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 am

Dear mslalahoney:
I love this Forum.
I feel that I have done everything wrong that I could possible do and I feel comfortable enough to pour out my heart and soul, I feel that I am shoulder to shoulder with my fellow artists.
I learn something every time I log in.

I am in awe of the artists here...
They inspire me to push myself to get better all the time.

xoxo
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3330
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by granola on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

mslalahoney, it's funny you were thinking about that because this morning I was too. I wake up and can't wait to get on here to see if anyone has posted something new or has new questions or some great advise for someone. I never feel intimidated to ask a question or post some of my work on here. Everyone really motivates eachother and always has kind words. It's like having family always there for you and looking out for you if needed. Love it here, love everyone on here at the Forum. I'm never gonna leave here, I'm staying forever! Laughing Oh and one of the other best things about the great people on here is that they are never correcting your spelling...i have been so embarrassed when that has happened to me. Embarassed
granola

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 am

I can't stop smiling at your lovely post, mslalahoney! I've said similar things many times - this forum is such a warm, educational, supportive place and I'm thankful for its existence.

It's great to see another couple of "newbies" (I only started painting in September myself!) on the board. I hope you'll continue to feel welcome and happy here, and that your painting will feel the benefits of it too.

Kammy xx
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:33 pm

I so agree with what everyone has said! I love this place and really think of this as a family/friends even though we have never met in person.
I'm in education myself (an Art Teacher), so I get what you mean.
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:41 pm

I love having a supportive place outside my "real world" where no one judges (as least not out loud Wink ) and everyone is supportive! for some reason that doesn't happen in the real world as much as it should!
Thanks Metina for creating such a wonderful place and keeping it that way!

amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top