Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Show and Tell #3 March - May 2013

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Show and Tell #3 March - May 2013

Post by PaolaSunglow on Sun May 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Silverky not yet too late ty! Let me know if you find it. I was thinking more on Mike Tyson Tattoo tribal Neutral . Have not yet had time to work on it. Will catch up tomorrow!! Very Happy
I know how that feel Prairiepainter! Had the same problem at the festival. With the difference that i have no chances to get a picture:(
Why 7 days Natasha?
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm

it says new members have to wait 7 days before posting external links...unless there is another way to post a pic that i dont know about...i was so excited to share lol....bummer
Natasha

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-05-03

http://www.colorfulsmiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Natasha, I am so happy you've joined us...and can't wait to have you share with us! I imagine the waiting period weeds out spammers???
Love your avatar! Is that your cat? Your photography?
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Sun May 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Natasha wrote:it says new members have to wait 7 days before posting external links...unless there is another way to post a pic that i dont know about...i was so excited to share lol....bummer

Hi Natasha please follow these instructions to post pictures:

http://www.facepaintforum.com/t1933-how-to-post-a-photo-2-ways

Welcome!!! I love you

I think the restrictions are for the link. You can add pictures though. Very Happy

PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sun May 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Valerie A wrote:Natasha, I am so happy you've joined us...and can't wait to have you share with us! I imagine the waiting period weeds out spammers???
Love your avatar! Is that your cat? Your photography?
yes im pretty sure thats the reason...i dont mind waiting
the cat is just a picture i found on hubbys computer Smile..he is kind of cute so i thought why not, until i get a pic of some face painting this will do lol.

going to try the second way to add without posting link-Thank you Paola!
Natasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Sun May 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Natasha wrote:going to try the second way to add without posting link-Thank you Paola!
the second way didnt work either and gives me this message.."You cannot upload any photos to the gallery because the storage limit has been reached"....i dont know i guess its just not meant to be
Natasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Sun May 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Playing catch up!! Very Happy

Brenda Love the Sugar Skull!! Great work! I'm kind of afraid of the sugar skull but you have done it beautifully! Very Happy

Sneezle Thank you for the compliments!! Although I believe Havana Sunset is beautiful, there is a certain skin tone that makes it pop!! Her time was amazing for Havana Smile
That sunset/flower eye design was beautiful!!! So clean and awesome!!

Valerie Glad to see you back!!! We have missed you, hope your trip was awesome!

Lizzie Love all the faces & that arm painting!! And can I say you are just the most adorable person ever!! Very Happy and not to be a stalker but I did see you say you paint in a park I'm Bucharest?! So awesome!! I'm trying to get my school to let me study abroad there next year or the year after! If so sounds like a painting party to me!! Laughing

Paola Thank you! I keep forgetting to check the paint, ill be sure to look it up tomorrow Smile also you eye designs are great as well!! Especially with only an hour! I also find a lot of teen parties love arm/necklace designs. Maybe try your hand at those? Smile

Love that Rose also!! Which colors/one stroke did you use?

Erica That has to be the cutest Sonic I've ever seen!! So adorable!!! The eye design and Mario are beautiful as well Smile

Natasha Welcome!
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Sun May 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Hello All! I have a week until the baby is supposed to arrive, so I am on face painting hiatus! It is so hard not painting little people, and just painting myself feels somehow empty, haha...

BUT now I have time to practice new things! I really have been wanting to try to paint some things I have seen on here, so here we go!

First up is a Cheetah that is mostly taken from staring at A New Face's avatar everytime I come on here! I love how clean it looks and I have yet to really paint a cheetah (except for one kid, who wanted a green cheetah, haha)

And I had to try Miss Yoko's sunset design as well! Sneezle: You did a wonderful job on it as well!

AND THEN! I had to try this Dragon! I forgot who posted it, but I will edit this when I go back to the post! I am absolutely in love with this one! I ordered the Wolfe Aztec Gold for Iron Man, but it was a lot darker than I was expecting... So any design I can use it on is awesome!

EDIT: Fairy Fox's Design! Very Happy

And last is the shark! Who made this tutorial on here I forgot as well, so I will have to go back and look it up! Yikes!

EDIT: KaraMundy's Design!

Here's to hoping I recover fast after the baby is born! I really want to paint events again! On the plus side, I just ordered some new paints! Woohoo! I am in LOVE with the Paradise brand now and just replaced all my Wolfe colors with them. They smell great and blend great!
SmileLines

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-02-08

http://smilelinesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Brittany fantastic faces!!!! Love that cheetah and flower/sunset eye!! All your faces are so clean and awesome!!

Congrats on your new little one!! Boy or Girl?? Must be an exciting time!! Very Happy
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Those are so nice Brittany! I like the clean lines and I am Very partial to tropical paintings, so I love that one sunny I will have to try it. Laughing (I commented about coming baby on the TAG thread...but Congratulations, again!!) Are you using Paradise for linework?? or did you keep your Wolfe b/w?

Thank you Katurah! I had a most wonderful time away with my sweetie! I even took some of my paints and did a little practice even tho it was hot where I was...hope to share a bit when I get around to loading our pictures on my computer. (Right now, I still have stuff to unpack from my suitcase Embarassed )

Paola, I am so happy your festival went well! You are an amazing painter and I'm surprised you hadn't been out doing professional painting before!

I am realizing I will NEVER get a chance to comment on all the pictures everyone has done...which makes me sad because I am just AWESTRUCK!!! The talent of you "so-called" newbies is just astonishing...and I MEAN that!!!
cheers cheers cheers
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 pm

This thread is getting kinda long...so I will start another Show and Tell soon..
flower
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Thanks Katurah! I am so glad that you say that my lines are clean! I am soo particular about my linework and I hate when it looks wiggly!

And we are having a baby boy. We have no idea what his name will be, but we still have a week! Razz

Thanks Valerie! I am still using Wolfe Black and White since it is so crisp. I did order a black Paradise for my batman masks... At my last event I had a kid ask for it and I was inwardly cringing as I painted it on... The Mom probably hated me while she was washing it off!
The brown is snazz by the way... I also just ordered that in Paradise as well even though I don't use it as much as my other colors.
What paint brands are you partial to?
Also, great idea with starting a new thread! This one is getting a tad long!
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A on Mon May 06, 2013 12:05 am

Hi Brittany, I remember the week before I gave birth...I admit I was quite nervous early on in my pregnancy about childbirth, but by the last week I was just ready to have them OUT! Wink (Between them there was 12 pounds of babies inside of me Shocked ) Treasure the days ahead...It is such a special time. I love you
I started out with mostly DFX, but I've become very fond of TAG now...of course Wolfe B/W always! I have some Paradise, the Fleur I believe it is and I really like it, in fact I think it has my favorite colors of green of any the paint I have. I might try out some more Paradise later... I'm still such a newbie and I have a FULL kit already Embarassed ...wish I'd learned to do this when I was younger, I love it so much I'm sure I would have really marketed myself. I just do friends parties here and there (I look after my 92 year old mom and our daughter is disabled, so my plate is pretty full.)
I always intend to keep the Show and Tell to about 20-25 pages, but....
flower
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter on Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 am

Lizzie, I forgot to say thanks for response to my question about your Gelati rainbow cake... THANKS flower
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tyeslater on Mon May 06, 2013 1:37 am

Natasha wrote:
Natasha wrote:going to try the second way to add without posting link-Thank you Paola!
the second way didnt work either and gives me this message.."You cannot upload any photos to the gallery because the storage limit has been reached"....i dont know i guess its just not meant to be

that the message i got too. from the link method one i was able to post in the thread the day i joined
tyeslater

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Mon May 06, 2013 2:08 am

Oh my goodness! That is exactly how I feel! The first two months of pregnancy I was terrified of delivery, and now I am just like "Bring it ON!". That must be why pregnancy is so long and daunting, haha!

I have heard a lot about TAG on this forum, but I refuse to order any! I am still trying to get my kit built to where I feel good about it and I don't want to fall in love with another brand (I'm weird about brand matching...). So now I will have 15 Paradise Colors, Wolfe Black and White, one Wolfe metallic and one Wolfe neon cake. I want sooo much more though! Very Happy

Wow! You have a lot on your plate! We understand if the thread goes a little over!
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Mon May 06, 2013 5:02 am

I tried 3 times to post a message but my computer is really acting weird, sorry but i'm gonna try later. I saw a few great designs and Smile lines; love your cheetah and Tropical eye desing Very Happy LOL you had the same idea as i did Wink Great job!!!
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Mon May 06, 2013 6:13 am

Thank you Katurah and Valerie!!! Very Happy
I painted the rose with stargazer tag. I love this color combination it gives depth to roses.
Smilelines i am so happy for you!!! And what faboulous painting! I too love your clean lines! Love your cheetah!!!!all the designs are beautyful i have a soft spot for tiger and cheetah. Very Happy Once you try the beauty of tag cake and split and realize how well they blend and how much time is saving you will fall in love all over again! I did that! Very Happy
Natasha we are all posting pictures directly in the thread. sunny
Valerie, just thought on your being surprised i did not do professional painting before. I was scared, and still are. Smile i also took a long time to do the painting. I am trying hard to work on time now rather then adding more and more details. I could spend hours in one face alone! What a Face that is not too good affraid
I still want to make sure is good but in shorter time. This new event coming is going to be a hard ball! 40 kids in an hour!! I will be very happy if i can do 30. affraid well they are actually 80!!! No way i could do them all. Ahhhhh
PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky on Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

Paola, can't seem to find that pic of tribal dragon, maybe I saw it on u tube or faba which is why I can't find it... Have you found any boy designs you like yet? If not and u have time maybe post a new thread and ask if anyone has any pics?

silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm

To my big regret I haven't had much time for facepainting lately, while I was busy with a lot of music rehearsals (do I write that correctly?), but finally yesterday I had some time to practise my facepainting, now that we have a break from gigs with the band.

So here are the things I did, I'd like to hear what you think of it.

This is all in preparation for maybe a displayboard in the future.
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Mon May 06, 2013 2:51 pm

I love your monster mask!

Also, your cat looks very Alice in Wonderland like! I love the swirls.
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by PaolaSunglow on Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Thank you Silversky! Very Happy I need one more
i found three:
Ball on fire, tribal, eye Robot (thank you Sneezle)...and third one i did a shark that looks like is about to eat the eye. My husband was so nice to let me paint him, but he thinks the shark is for younger kids.
what do you all think?

Erica this is my version of your side painting hope you like it...the lines need improving:

Sorry Ella, i really like your paintings!! you have improved so much!! i like the dragon and the monster mask, the bunny and the cat are very cute too. Great work!!

PaolaSunglow

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter on Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Love those faces Ella!

That swirly eye design is beautiful, Paola!
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Mon May 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Ahh! I LOVE your swirly design! I have soo much trouble doing those! It is beautiful! Do you keep the other eye blank or do you match it?

The shark is cool too! My only advice would be if you wanted more detail, maybe add a tail a little down on the cheek. Of course, just the head is a fantastic fast design!

I would have drawn it on my face, but I am currently sporting a kitty, haha!
Maybe you could put a fin as well?
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Mon May 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Here is a Mouse I painted today! Being stuck at home is making me so productive, haha!

Any suggestions on what I can use grey for other than sharks and a mouse? I love the color, but I don't know what to use it on, haha!
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top