Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

I support Pancan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I support Pancan

Post by funfacesbybrenda on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 am

Hi besides face painting advocate for pancreatic cancer is another of my passion it didn't hit me until we loss my partner's dad almost 3 years ago,We have a team and raised money a bit helps Smile,I always volunteer as a face painter if you live in NY and would like to come this is a free family event !
Here is my Facebook team page Smile you can information and just learn about this deadly decease Sad
Thanks FPF Smile

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Courage-To-Hope-Team/415030135258391#
funfacesbybrenda

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: I support Pancan

Post by Kammy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:41 am

So glad to see someone spreading information about this. Smile I have pancreas problems and hence a raised risk of PC (last test was COMPLETELY CLEAR, yay me!) but it's devastating when it happens. So many people don't know much about it, and we need significant advances in the medical research to improve the often desperate prognosis of those diagnosed. I consider myself fairly well-informed, but I'd never even heard of it before I started getting pancreatitis.

Thanks for posting this, and for all you do in support of the cause! I love you
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:02 am

Kammy wrote:So glad to see someone spreading information about this. Smile I have pancreas problems and hence a raised risk of PC (last test was COMPLETELY CLEAR, yay me!) but it's devastating when it happens. So many people don't know much about it, and we need significant advances in the medical research to improve the often desperate prognosis of those diagnosed. I consider myself fairly well-informed, but I'd never even heard of it before I started getting pancreatitis.

Thanks for posting this, and for all you do in support of the cause! I love you

Hi Kammy, pancreatic cancer is the 4th leading cause of cancer deaths. We are working hard to bring more awareness regarding this deadly disease. Please look under pancan.org to look up more information. If you are ever in NY, please contact me and we can meet to talk more.

Also, if you have time please like our facebook page and in the process, you will be able to receive daily news of pancreatic research and progress.

Thank you and always take care.
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 pm

lovebrend30 wrote:Hi Kammy, pancreatic cancer is the 4th leading cause of cancer deaths. We are working hard to bring more awareness regarding this deadly disease. Please look under pancan.org to look up more information. If you are ever in NY, please contact me and we can meet to talk more.

Also, if you have time please like our facebook page and in the process, you will be able to receive daily news of pancreatic research and progress.

Thank you and always take care.
I have indeed been (before I ever read your post!) to Pancan.org and they do a fabulous job. I'm in Scotland, so fairly unlikely to be able to drink a coffee with you (maybe one day! Smile ), but I'll be very happy to "like" your facebook page if only I can get access to it! When I copy and paste your URL, I just get taken to my own FB home page, which usually indicates an incorrect URL.
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm glad you know about pancan Kammy Scottland must be really beautiful ! Maybe one day Smile you can come to USA!
Sorry learning about links and stuff XD
Maybe this link may work
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Courage-To-Hope-Team/415030135258391?id=415030135258391&_rdr
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 pm

I've been to the US a few times, and have even been to NYC. It's just that I'm unlikely to get back there for a while, and next time I do it's probably going to be the west coast as I have friends there too! Very Happy

Scotland is very beautiful, at least in my opinion. I feel lucky to live here in Edinburgh. Smile

Hmm, that link doesn't work for me either! I wonder why??? I'll have a search for "Courage to Hope" on FB later and see if it throws the page at me!

Take care,

Kammy xx
Kammy

Back to top Go down

Post by amylady222 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:42 pm

great information---
I am lacking in my pancrease (sp?) knowledge for sure!

Wishing you lots of support

Kammy--Sending good energy your way!
amylady222

Number of posts : 1176
Registration date : 2012-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Lost a dear friend a few years ago due to this horrid disease. Watching her waste away day by day was heart breaking. Best of luck on this!!
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Wow, I didn't know. Thanks for bringing it to light. Best of luck with your fund raising too.
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Sandie wrote:Lost a dear friend a few years ago due to this horrid disease. Watching her waste away day by day was heart breaking. Best of luck on this!!
I'm sorry to heard Sad I know it's hard to see your loves ones suffer
Hopefully one day will be a cure !
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top