Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Hello My name is Tamina

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello My name is Tamina

Post by Tamina14 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Hello Im new to this business but I am a Illustration artist. I love face painting but need more experience and more technique. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get into enjoy your face company. it seems to be very hard to get a response. I really want to get to the next level and be around Pros to learn more. I really like dramatic theme park style type work...animation like stuff...Ive tried watching tutorial and getting books but i feel I need more one to one instruction or a few classes to really get it and be told what i can do different or how i can improve. i am a self taught artist with alittle college schooling in New York so i really can catch on fast but I need help and advise..There is really nothing in arizona especially tucson.
Thanks Tamina

Tamina14

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello My name is Tamina

Post by PaolaSunglow on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 am

Welcome Tamina,
I am not a pro so i can't help you there.
In my little experience and after reading this forum a lot, what i would suggest is for you to get into Faba TV. I want to, but have not time to dedicate to it at the moment.
What i do is to buy their DVD's and watch them in my own time, which is more costly.
I can't remember who said in this forum that there is not too much difference in a life lesson and the ones you watch on Faba then having the teacher look at your work and correct it.
i have attended a real lesson and to be honest as much as i enjoyed and would re do it, i did not see a huge difference. I realize that practice is the key and more important then being told what you do wrong.
Sometimes i watch my work when i first started three years ago and think how on earth did i not see all these mistakes? i guess if i had seen only mistakes then i would have quit a long time ago, like Jennie say you cannot make errors in face paint anything can become something different and who is going to know?
Enjoy all your painting no matter where you are is what i strive to achieve.
sunny
PaolaSunglow

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://www.sunglowfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Dear Tamina:
I went to college for Illustration.
I studied to be a Master Portrait Artist.
While it helps to be able to draw anything I can see...
It is not necessary in order to be a face painter.
My biggest struggle in face painting has been to do more whimsical painting, instead of realism.
YouTube has some great videos. There are step-by-step faces on this Forum in all the contests here.
Join us on the Newbies' Show and Tell thread to post and share your work to a kind, welcoming audience. We are also playing face paint Tag on Tag you're it.
Happy painting!
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3328
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 on Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi and welcome!
Kris5115

Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2012-04-10