Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Show and Tell #4 May - July 2013

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Show and Tell #4 May - July 2013

Post by Valerie A on Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 pm

This is our Cozy Little Corner down the hall from the Pros ;)where we just post anything we've been working on that we want to share.

Everyone has varying skills, so please don't be shy to post....even if you see someone's painting that look waaaaay too amazing.

It just takes PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. You can even see that if you look at some of the pros and what they posted when they first started in the forum.

HAPPY PAINTING, everyone!
(to quote Lisa the Fesspenter Wink†)

Last edited by Valerie A on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Show and Tell #4 May - July 2013

Post by silversky on Thu May 09, 2013 12:00 am

I havent posted much lately, feeling kind of blahh, and today i go on to post some photos and find my kids have used up all our internet allowance, so i will just post this one as it is taking waaaay to long.
this one is for Katura, i had put one of your photos in my inspiration folder, and here;s my version... I know it needs improvement but i kind of like it (apart from the reaally bad linework on the butterfly)

silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by tyeslater on Thu May 09, 2013 1:07 am

Trying out a new Spider

roses

Cactus

tyeslater

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Thu May 09, 2013 1:59 am

Silversky: Beautiful tattoo! I really love how your hearts look almost "bubbly"! Very very cool Cool

tyeslater: Your roses are beautiful! That is something that I struggle with most, haha! It is nice to see it done so beautifully. flower

I was able to finally paint again! Something small, but I'll take it! I am having a "party" on Saturday where I am painting all of my friends and getting nice pictures for my future board (it is hand-drawn right now). I am really excited and can't wait to post them when I get them from my photographer friend!

This is just a little arm design I did on a friend who came by to visit today! Inspired by Lisa Joy Young's full face design.
SmileLines

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-02-08

http://smilelinesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tyeslater on Thu May 09, 2013 9:08 am

Thank you so much. I saw a few videos on roses thought it was awesome so i got some arty cakes so i could try it. not easy

im going to try that tree, i love it. That butterfly is awesome. I haven't mastered that one yet and a lot of kids ask for it
tyeslater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks for starting a new topic Valerie! Left you a message in our last topic.
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonyalynn on Thu May 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Just tried Sneezle's cloud technique and I love it! It works so quickly and looks so realistic I just couldn't believe it! Thanks for the tip!
Sonyalynn

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Thu May 09, 2013 3:34 pm

You're welcome Wink
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

I did practice a bit tonight and i'm so proud of my dung beetle. Just tried to use the right highlights and shades and it works. It's so much fun doing this......

And a little spider and 3 butterfly's....

And i tried to make ruffles...

Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Thu May 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Woah! That beetle looks like it's going to jump right off your hand!
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky on Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Tyeslater, love your rosť, mine still need work, they tend to get smooshy
Smile lines love your take on the cherry blossom, like the wind effect
Sneezle , love your beetle so life like, lovely ruffles, how long did they take?
silversky

Back to top Go down

Post by facepaintingbydanielle on Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Sneezle, that beetle looks so lifelike! And I like the shading on the ruffles, Im still learning how to do shading effectively.

Brittany, very pretty, that translates well into an arm design. Bet your looking forward to Saturday! Ive been thinking of gathering my sons friends and painting them specifically to get board photos, I always forget at gigs so most of my photos are of my practice head, or kids whose mums have been nice enough to send me photos.

Tyeslater, nice roses! And a green spider, thats a cool idea, something different Smile Silversky, very tattoo like, would be good for older girls who dont want delicate little flowers.

Thought Id share this one I did yesterday, I like doing bows, something different from flowers and butterflies is always good Laughing

facepaintingbydanielle

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-30

http://fpdanielle.wix.com/fpdanielle

Back to top Go down

Post by facepaintingbydanielle on Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Oh and I just did this one, a bracelet inspired by sillyheathers indian princess youtube video Smile

And then playing around, trying to learn this whole 3d thing, I did some bubbles (and stars, Im practicing those aswell so theyre being added to most of my designs lately lol)

Alright Ill stop flooding the thread now Razz

Last edited by facepaintingbydanielle on Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to upload the photo. Mummy brain!!)
facepaintingbydanielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katurah on Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 am

Lovely work everyone!

Brittany How's the baby doing? Excited?! Very Happy

Sneezle Love the shading done on the beetle. That's my biggest obstacle, finding out how to shade and where.

Danielle Love the bracelet Smile

Wanted to share some arms I don't think I got too when I painted them Smile

Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileLines on Fri May 10, 2013 1:06 am

Baby is doing good Katurah! I had a mini freak out at the doctors today because the heart rate was lower than usual. I had to go to labor and delivery and be monitored for about an hour. Everything checked out good, so I am thankful! I just hope I have this baby by May 15th! The wait is killing me, haha!
SmileLines

Back to top Go down

Post by facepaintingbydanielle on Fri May 10, 2013 2:10 am

Scary stuff Brittany! It'll all be worth it once you've got your bubba though Smile
I love the writing Katurah, I bet the kids loved having something personalised like that Smile
facepaintingbydanielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Fri May 10, 2013 2:28 am

SmileLines your blossom looks lovely. Great that you have a photographer friend, i would love to see your future board Wink Have lots of fun saturday! I love Lisa Yougs blossom design! you wrote: "monitored for about an hour" i would also be tensed. Great to hear everything is alright. Just 5 more days, exciting (but keep in mind it can always be a bit longer).

silversky i almost regognize Katurah's lines in it. Great hearts! Lovely. But how does your internet works??? Internet allowance, do you pay per hour? Maybe a stupid question but the kids can't used up all our internet allowance.
I think the ruffles took me 30 to 40 min. I have to practice a bit more to be faster Wink And the beetle took me 40 to 45 min. i think.

tyeslater I love your green spider. Great green colours, what kind of cake did u use? Lovely roses!!! Great idea to paint a cactus. Smile

facepaintingbydanielle Cute flowers and swirl. Gorgeous bracelet, great job. I just love the glitter you used! Great bubbles!!!

Katurah, i look to a real ruffled dress to find out where to shade. Just look really good to the real object and you will learn it. I'm still looking for the right consistensy of the black, you really have to thin it with a lot of water.
Great arm designs, i really love your bricks, makes it look like real graffity!

Thanks all for your sweet compliments, i really have to find a way to use tings in a face design. Very Happy
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by Creabella on Fri May 10, 2013 2:33 am

I am amazed by the beautiful pictures passing by already, even though this New tread has just started.

Lovely all!
Creabella

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2012-11-02

https://www.creabellafaceart.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by tyeslater on Fri May 10, 2013 10:05 am

So jealous of the butterflies

that beetle is awesome

Sneezle-The rose i use arty cakes rose and light leaf, i used light leaf for the spider too. the company i work for had a different spider with a web and all the kids wanted it but i dont like it at all so i looked for a better one for me. 30 sec spider on YT. love it
tyeslater

Back to top Go down

Post by silversky on Fri May 10, 2013 11:02 am

Sneezle wrote:
silversky i almost regognize Katurah's lines in it. Great hearts! Lovely. But how does your internet works??? Internet allowance, do you pay per hour? Maybe a stupid question but the kids can't used up all our internet allowance.
I think the ruffles took me 30 to 40 min. I have to practice a bit more to be faster Wink And the beetle took me 40 to 45 min. i think.

No not a silly question, with the plan we are on we pay for a certain amount of Internet per month and once you use it all you can either pay for more, or they just slow it right down till the end of that billing period. We have a huge allowance, but the kids were on holidays and so were on the Internet way too much. My fault, bad mothering, but the girls are in that crazy teenage stage where they stay up all night and then sleep half the day and then it's too late to go out, and whatever I suggested we do was met with a rolling of the eyes, and to tell the truth I was happy to stay at home most days and paint !!!Oops maybe I used a lot too with u tube and faba TV. ..

I think I missed your tips on the clouds, was it in the previous thread? Mine are just blobs.

Here's some flowers have been playing with

Practicising with the glitter gel

Snake , the face is too dark and a dragon which needs a lot of work

And some more flowers

silversky

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha on Fri May 10, 2013 12:31 pm

my first butterfly

cheeck art(on the hand)

obviously i need a lot of practice but i enjoyed painting very much and my daughter loved it and asks me to "tickle" her face every day now Smile
i was using snaz for lines and it wasnt going too well so i ordered some black and white TAG...anxiously awaiting their arrival Smile
what size brush do you all use to do lines and details?..flat?...round?
Natasha

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-05-03

http://www.colorfulsmiles.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle on Fri May 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Natasha that butterfly is really cute! And most girls love the pink and purple Wink
Your heart is shaped beautifully!

Silversky Thanks for explaning. I really had no idea that internet can work this way. Maybe it's a good thing, i'm behind the laptop way to much Wink
The flowers you made are gorgeous. Lovely colours. And that glitter skull, awesome. Your dragon is gorgeous!!! Your roses ROCK! Great job.

tyeslater that is really a beautifull leaf cake. Love it. 30 sec. spider, i'll keep that one in mind Wink Thanks.
Sneezle

Back to top Go down

Post by tyeslater on Fri May 10, 2013 1:27 pm

ya i'm in love with arty cakes
tyeslater

Back to top Go down

Post by facepaintingbydanielle on Fri May 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Silversky have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8027uy_SMo that's how I learnt to do dragons (I still hate doing them but this helped so so much)

Natasha that's so nice that you're daughter likes being painted, my toddler runs away from me after two strokes of the brush lol. I use round #2 brushes for details, Loew Corneil #4 round for flowers, and round #6 for other things. Also 1 inch flats for one strokes, and a half inch chisel for some line work Smile your heart is nicely shaped, I always struggle to get mine even
facepaintingbydanielle

Back to top Go down

Post by facepaintingbydanielle on Fri May 10, 2013 7:09 pm

And thanks Sneezle, it's holographic white glitter, I love it, it works so well with everything Smile
facepaintingbydanielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top